The Lion's Roar digital edition delivers all the same great content from the print edition, now enhanced with an easy-to-read design, social sharing functionality, and integrated with must-reads from the website.
Today’s most widely-read Buddhist magazine, Lion's Roar offers accessible, practical, and profound teachings from across the Buddhist spectrum. Lion's Roar applies Buddhist insight, philosophy, and meditation techniques to all the important issues in life today—from livelihood, parenting, and relationships to politics, social action, and the arts.
In the pages of Lion's Roar, ancient wisdom shares the stage with some of today’s finest writers, thinkers, and teachers, including Pema Chödrön, Thich Nhat Hanh, the Dalai Lama, Sylvia Boorstein, bell hooks, Pico Iyer, Diane Ackerman, George Saunders, Charles Johnson—and many others.
Lion's Roar Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $7.99*
• Subscription 6 Month - USD 12.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 23.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release includes bug fixes and general stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
At some point in 2017 this app stopped working for me. Unlike some people leaving reviews, I never got any kind of communication from Lion’s Roar. I did go to their website and saw some notice that the app was being upgraded and wouldn’t function in the meantime (as an aside, what kind of I.T. leadership does this magazine have that totally abandoning your existing app/platform is acceptable while you prepare a new one?). I knew that my subscription through iTunes was ending anyway so I resubscribed directly from LR for a digital subscription after being assured by a customer service rep that the app would be functional in time for the January issue. But that ended up not being true, so I called to cancel and get a refund. All I can get is a prorated refund even though I have not received one issue under my new subscription. The rep I spoke to said they hoped to have the app ready by the end of this week. It’s Thursday, so I’m not confident in that timeline. I went ahead with my partial refund knowing I will never pay a dime to this magazine again. Maybe I’ll go read the issues at a Barnes and Noble while having coffee.
Functions just as you would expect and want it to
Quick magazine download times, friendly user interface and perfectly functional for your ability to access your magazine digitally. I only do not give it 5 stars because I feel 5 stars means it's an exceptional and goes above and beyond expectations type of app.
Whether your new to the ideas of mindfulness and Buddhism or a long time practitioner, this is the magazine for you. It is always the first magazine I read and “cover to cover”.
- Lion's Roar Foundation
- 67.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lion's Roar Foundation
- In-App Purchases
- Lion's Roar magazine $24.99
- May 2016 $7.99
- September 2016 $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.