Nursing Drug Handbook
By Wolters Kluwer Health
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find complete monographs for more than 3,300 generic and trade drugs—including essential details on 24 NEW drugs—with important nursing considerations for each and every one in the completely updated and redesigned Nursing Drug Handbook app.
Once you download the 27 free sample drug entries, you will quickly discover that the Nursing Drug Handbook app is easy to use and includes all of the safety information you need to provide top-level care for your patients. To get full access to all 1,000 generic and 2,300 trade drug entries, just complete the InApp purchase (details below).
PLEASE NOTE: EXISITING SUBSCRIBERS may experience difficulties restoring their previous purchase with the release of the latest NDH application. We are aware of the issue and have a remediation process available to correct this. Please contact Wolters Kluwer Health Customer Support at 1-800-468-1128 or firstname.lastname@example.org to report any upgrade difficulties and receive access credentials via email to resolve the issue.
Once you’ve subscribed, you will have all of the vital information you need to provide safe patient care, including …
• Weekly updates with the latest need-to-know drug facts so you’re always up-to-date
• Quick and easy search via the Search Bar or by category, including Therapeutic Class, Pharmacologic
Class, Combination Drugs, or Canadian Drugs
• Visual search using our Photo Guide
• Easy-to-use tools to create a customized database, including Notes & Favorites.
Always up-to-date, the App emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and will ensure that you’re fully informed of the newest approved drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, overdose signs & symptoms, and drug warnings, including:
• 2,821 changes to drug information that have occurred in the last year alone
• 838 NEW facts on adverse reactions and dangerous interactions
• 404 NEW nursing considerations and patient-teaching facts
• 629 NEW facts on indications and dosages.
In addition to the instant search capability that will help you quickly locate drug entries, each monograph includes the following key sections:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages
• Administration (covers all applicable routes)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions
• Nursing considerations
• Patient teaching guidelines
• Nursing process.
Your App also includes a Photo Guide with images of over 400 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name drugs and a free Dosage calculator.
ABOUT YOUR INAPP PURCHASE:
Your InApp subscription to the Nursing Drug Handbook app provides 12 months of continuous access to all drugs in the app, including quarterly updates featuring drugs newly approved by the FDA and weekly updates covering new Indications and Dosages, Black Box Warnings, Alerts, and other critical clinical information. Note: Users running multiple accounts on a single Tablet must install and access the Nursing Drug Handbook app from the Owner account. The app will not install properly on any device sub-account.
Your payment of $24.99 will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew, until canceled, for $24.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. You can manage your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Patches the previous purchase restoration
Good but there is an issue
I like how easy this app is to use but the problem I have is getting it to open. I click on it several times and can't get the app to open and when it does it says loading and freezes up. I have checked for updates and I don't know what else to do. There isn't a link to contact the developer that I have found. Good luck to others. ------It looks like they have updated it but unfortunately for me they are trying to make me pay again!!!.
I can finally use this amazing drug book app again! The new iOS update makes it so much easier to find drug information. In spite of some recent issues about restoration of purchase, the tech support has assisted me in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend this app to anyone in the healthcare field. No more flipping drug books! Saves me time,
They actually fixed it. And gave me an additional six months subscription. Little slow on the tech support and I was out an app for a few months but 4 stars! For actually doing something
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jun 09, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
- © 2014 by Wolters Kluwer Health
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Nursing Drug Handbook - 1 Year$24.99
- Yearly Subscription to Nursing Drug Handbook$24.99
- Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbook$44.99