Find complete monographs on over 3,500 generic and brand-name drugs—including 49 new drugs approved by the FDA in the past year—along with essential details on each drug’s:
• Available Forms (P.O, I.V., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & Dosages (common prescribed/off-label uses, accurate dosages, adjust-a-dose information for specific populations)
• Administration (covers all applicable routes, I.V. information specially highlighted)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse Reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on Lab Test Results
• Contraindications & Cautions (includes drug’s dialyzable status and overdose signs & symptoms)
• Pregnancy-Lactation-Reproduction information (grouped under one convenient heading)
• Nursing Considerations (describes monitoring techniques, prevention and treatment, patient safety & comfort)
• Patient Teaching guidelines.
Download the 103 free sample generic and brand-name drug entries and you’ll quickly discover that the Nursing Drug Handbook App is easy to use and includes all of the safety information you need to provide top-level care for your patients. To get full access to all 1,200 generic and 2,300 brand-name entries, just complete the InApp purchase (details below).
Once you’ve subscribed, you’ll have all of the vital information and tools you need to provide safe patient care, including …
• Weekly updates with the latest need-to-know drug facts so you always stay current
• Easy-to-spot Black Box warnings and clinical Alerts
• Fast and easy search via the Search Bar or by category (Therapeutic/Pharmacologic
Class, Combination Drugs, Canadian Drugs)
• Photo Guide containing images of 455 of the most commonly prescribed tablets and capsules
• Free online Dosage Calculator to double-check drug calculations
• Easy-to-use tools (Notes, Favorites) to create your own customized drug database.
Find answers fast to better safeguard against med errors…
When you download nursing’s most trusted drug reference, you’ll have access to over 6,180 recent clinical changes to drug information, including...
• 1,001 NEW facts on adverse reactions and dangerous interactions
• 303 NEW nursing considerations and patient-teaching facts
• 752 NEW facts on indications and dosages.
Based on content from the best-selling Nursing2017 Drug Handbook, the Nursing Drug Handbook App is meticulously reviewed by pharmacists and nurses and updated weekly to provide the most current, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to know to administer medications safely in any healthcare setting. Always up-to-date, the Nursing Drug Handbook App emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and ensures that you’re fully informed of the newest approved drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, overdose signs & symptoms, and drug warnings.
Note: Users running multiple accounts on a single Tablet must install and access the Nursing Drug Handbook app from the Owner account. The app will not install properly on any device sub-account.
About your InApp purchase:
Your InApp subscription to the Nursing Drug Handbook app provides 12 months of continuous access to all drugs in the app, including quarterly updates featuring drugs newly approved by the FDA and weekly updates covering new Indications and Dosages, Black Box Warnings, Alerts, and other critical clinical information.
Your payment of $24.99 will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew, until canceled, for $24.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. You can manage your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Resolved compatibility issues with iOS12.
Ratings and Reviews
Subscription has expired fail
Please do not ignore negative reviews, they are correct. Unfortunately this drug book was a requirement for my school, so I decided to make my life easier with an addition of this app. Purchased annual subscription not even 24 hours ago, and I’m getting an error message when opening app that my previous subscription has expired. I checked my subscription through iTunes and App Store and it says that my subscription is good for another year. I tried restarting my iPad, still no luck. I tried it on my iPhone, same error. I woke up today super early so I can study for my today’s exam, and I started making drug cards yesterday on my iPad for medications I need to know for today, so this is a major fail. When clicking on app support, it takes me to a website that has an error message with another website address, upon copy and paste it takes me to main website that has nothing to do with an actual app. Searching for app support through the website, it only took me to two topics that have nothing to do with my issue. I tried calling main support technical number, and I’ve reached them outside business hours, if putting a product out there that is meant to be used anytime I need, then be ready to have someone assist with issues. When preparing for an exam every minute counts, and so far I have lost plenty of it because of this application, currently dealing with apple support.
A great work in progress
This app definitely has some flaws and requires work. Customer service was not helpful until I took the survey - which was not great. Once the survey was received, customer service was very helpful and communicated progress on getting the app up and running.
I’ve tried several drug apps and this one is the most inclusive and most informative of them all. The content is worth putting up app glitches. The content is updated frequently too. I recommend this app over any other.
I use this app so much in my work! It is user-friendly and helps me find quickly and easily the info I need on meds for their usage, dosing, side effects, and interactions with other meds. The black box warning alert is to special dangers, which is also so helpful. Thanks for all your work to keep this an excellent resource for us.
- Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 by Wolters Kluwer Health
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription to Nursing Drug Handbook $24.99
- Nursing Drug Handbook - 1 Year $24.99
- Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbook $44.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.