LiquidText PDF Document Reader: Annotate & Excerpt
By LiquidText, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Named “Most Innovative App of 2015” by Apple App Store ***
LiquidText offers a fast, natural way to review, gather, and organize information across all your documents and webpages—then apply the results to writing reports, meeting prep, or simply studying. Pull out key facts and connect them together, squeeze a document to compare sections, draw a line to connect ideas in different documents, comment on multiple pages at once, build upon your thoughts, and much more.
► WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
* “One of the most powerful, original iPad apps I've tried in years” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
* “I think LiquidText is on to something.” – David Sparks, Macsparky.com
* One of Mashable's Ten Best iPad Apps of 2015 *
* One of Time Magazine's Ten Best apps for iPad Pro *
* Named "Best App of September," 2015 by Apple App Store *
* Named One of the Top Ten Products of 2015 by TechnoLawyer *
► LIQUIDTEXT’S COMPLETE FEATURE SET INCLUDES:
(Note that a single In-App-Purchase is required to put multiple documents in one project, to use inking, or to search across documents.)
• Create a workspace and import all the documents and web pages you need
• Compatible with PDF, Word, and PowerPoint document types
• Import from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, email, and more
• Import content from webpage or send to LiquidText directly from Safari
• Pull excerpts from all the documents in your project into the Workspace area
• Add your own notes (typed or written) to the Workspace area
• Freely draw on your notes, or on the workspace itself
• Organize excerpts and notes into groups
• Connect anything - draw live “ink links” that span pages, documents, notes, and more
• Create mind-maps by drawing “ink links” connecting your excerpts/notes to one another
• Get context - tap notes and excerpts to find original source
• Scrollbar shows where highlights, comments, excerpts, and search results are located
• Pinch a document to compare different distant pages side by side
• Collapse text to see annotated parts side-by-side
• Collapse text to view search results(s) side-by-side
• Import unlimited number of documents into a project, view up to 3 at once
• Freely draw or highlight on your document, notes, or the workspace itself
• Add margin notes/comments to text, images, notes, and excerpts
• Comment on two or more selections simultaneously
• Make comments that link to multiple documents at once
• Search for keywords across all your LiquidText documents
• Search from LiquidText home screen, or from Spotlight
• Find keywords in title or text of your documents
• Export your project as a PDF (includes your Workspace and documents)
• Export your project as a Word file (converts your notes/excerpts into a linear document)
• Send a full LiquidText file for those with the app.
• Send files by email or to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, and more
Learn more at LiquidText.net | Comprehend More.
What's New in Version 3.0.8
► Added keyboard shortcuts for text search!
► Fixed bug where empty rectangles could be added to DOCX export.
► Fixed bug where it was sometimes impossible to move a file from one folder to another.
► Changed active-color of FIngerDraw button to make it more visible.
Love this app
I have found this app invaluable for my work as a writer. It has enabled me to read and take notes on screen more naturally (or more like what I'm accustomed to) and comfortably. I think it has helped the process become faster, easier, and more efficient, but all I have is my perception and not a lot of data to back that up.
Best part: I found a bug that caused the "ink" to disappear as I was making notes with my Apple Pencil. The notes were there when I was finished, but I couldn't see what I was writing as I was writing it. I got a response almost right away and the team worked with me to resolve the issue in about a day. So, all around a good experience.
Needs build from blank option
I think the most jarring, immediate frustration is you have to import a doc before you can do anything. My work-around is to have a blank PDF I can drag in to get my study session organized before pulling in reference.
Sometimes web import doesn't work due to fancy scripting, image layering, etc. on the website's part. In this case I will take a screenshot.
Images cannot be directly imported, so I have to pull the image into a document/slide presentation and save out before it can be brought into Liquid Paper.
Sometimes the import function lags out the app. Closing and restarting fixes this.
After finding/creating these work-arounds, this app is now one of my favorites and I use it quite often. A bit more polish/helpful hints for new users should be considered for future versions. I very nearly deleted the app after wasting entirely too much time looking for the above work-arounds the first couple of times I used it. This would be a shame as it is a useful and unique app.
Clean, simple, innovative, useful — and a responsive development team
Best reader for those of us who take copious notes for work, study, etc.
I use Skim to read PDFs on my Mac, and wanted something close to the outstanding note taking experience that application provides. LT fit the bill better than any of the dozen or so readers I tried — both in terms of performance and in terms of “the bill” (free!)
EDIT: I have now added the premium features. They are the only paid features or app I've ever purchased for the iPad, and I have no regrets.
And when I suggested to the dev team that because I use a lot of vertical-text Japanese documents I would love to have portrait reading mode, weeks later this feature was added!
If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 31, 2017
- Version: 3.0.8
- Size: 83.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: LiquidText, Inc.
- © 2017 LiquidText, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- LiquidText Pro$19.99
- LiquidText Pro (For Existing MultiDoc Users)$9.99