LiquidText PDF Document Reader: Annotate & Excerpt
By LiquidText, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Named “Most Innovative App of 2015” by Apple App Store ***
LiquidText offers a fast, natural way to review, gather, and organize information across all your documents and webpages—then apply the results to writing reports, meeting prep, or simply studying. Pull out key facts and connect them together, squeeze a document to compare sections, draw a line to connect ideas in different documents, comment on multiple pages at once, build upon your thoughts, and much more.
► WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
* “One of the most powerful, original iPad apps I've tried in years” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
* “I think LiquidText is on to something.” – David Sparks, Macsparky.com
* One of Mashable's Ten Best iPad Apps of 2015 *
* One of Time Magazine's Ten Best apps for iPad Pro *
* Named "Best App of September," 2015 by Apple App Store *
* Named One of the Top Ten Products of 2015 by TechnoLawyer *
► LIQUIDTEXT’S COMPLETE FEATURE SET INCLUDES:
(Note that a single In-App-Purchase is required to put multiple documents in one project, to use inking, or to search across documents.)
• Create a workspace and import all the documents and web pages you need
• Compatible with PDF, Word, and PowerPoint document types
• Import from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, email, and more
• Import content from webpage or send to LiquidText directly from Safari
• Pull excerpts from all the documents in your project into the Workspace area
• Add your own notes (typed or written) to the Workspace area
• Freely draw on your notes, or on the workspace itself
• Organize excerpts and notes into groups
• Connect anything - draw live “ink links” that span pages, documents, notes, and more
• Create mind-maps by drawing “ink links” connecting your excerpts/notes to one another
• Get context - tap notes and excerpts to find original source
• Scrollbar shows where highlights, comments, excerpts, and search results are located
• Pinch a document to compare different distant pages side by side
• Collapse text to see annotated parts side-by-side
• Collapse text to view search results(s) side-by-side
• Import unlimited number of documents into a project, view up to 3 at once
• Freely draw or highlight on your document, notes, or the workspace itself
• Add margin notes/comments to text, images, notes, and excerpts
• Comment on two or more selections simultaneously
• Make comments that link to multiple documents at once
• Search for keywords across all your LiquidText documents
• Search from LiquidText home screen, or from Spotlight
• Find keywords in title or text of your documents
• Export your project as a PDF (includes your Workspace and documents)
• Export your project as a Word file (converts your notes/excerpts into a linear document)
• Send a full LiquidText file for those with the app.
• Send files by email or to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, and more
Learn more at LiquidText.net | Comprehend More.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
FREEHAND INKING IS HERE
► WRITE ANYWHERE
- Write freehand ink on your documents, your excerpts, your comments, and even directly on the workspace!
► CONNECT ANYTHING TO ANYTHING JUST BY DRAWING A LINE:
- You can link any point in any object (i.e., document page, excerpt, workspace, comment, etc.) to any point in any other object—just by drawing a line from one to the other! When you draw a line between objects, the app creates a “live” Ink Link that updates as the objects move, and fades if the objects get far enough apart.
- LiquidText puts persistent link-buttons on both ends of the Ink Link; tap one to retrieve the object on the other end!
- Create as many of these Ink Links as you want, make mind maps, show how different documents relate, show how ideas on different pages connect, or cite which documents and sources inspired your ideas.
► DRAW A CIRCLE OR BOX TO CREATE A FREEFORM EXCERPT:
- Draw a large circle, box, or other shape in a document, and a small button appears—drag the button and a freeform excerpt is instantly created from whatever was in the circle/box/shape!
- Connect these freeform excerpts together to form groups, just as with all LiquidText excerpts.
Really changed the way I research
I'm loving this app. It has made my research more memorable, organized, and retrievable--all the things I need to continue my dissertation research. I do have two complaints, however. (1.) I can only highlight a PDF, I don't seem to be able to underline or cross out. (2.) I cannot edit highlights or see notes that existed on the PDF before uploading it to LiquidText. With these two features this would be 5-star app. Add a text reader in which I can adjust the voice and pace, and I would pay three times what I paid for this app.
Has become better with every release. Being able to use the pencil is a game changer. This supports my thinking while reading like no other app. The price is remarkably low. Looking forward to more improvements.
Crashes...No Trial of Ink...
Crashed on load. Rebooted, crashed on load again.
No trial of inking...just a $9.99 upgrade.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 23, 2017
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 83.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: LiquidText, Inc.
- © 2017 LiquidText, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- LiquidText Pro$9.99
- LiquidText Pro (For Existing MultiDoc Users)$4.99