Listen: The Gesture Music Player
By MacPaw Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A music player you can use without looking at it. Works seamlessly with Apple Music, iPad compatible.
Listen runs on gestures, not buttons. Whether you’re in a car, on a bike, or running a marathon, you’ll be lost in the music, not the interface. And, when you need more fresh music, you’ve got online radio with custom-tailored stations based on your own music preferences.
“Everything is gesture driven. Everything.” — iMore
“Overall, the updates look to make one of our favorite gesture-based music apps even prettier and more user-friendly, which is always a welcome gift at any time of the year.” — TheNextWeb
“Listen uses gestures to control everything in the music player.” — Lifehacker
- Swipe left-right to change tracks
- Tap to play/pause
- Swipe up to add songs to Favorites Playlist
A pleasure to use:
- Runs on iPhone and iPad
- No need for precise gestures
- Seamless music library navigation
- Disable iOS’s Auto-Lock
Loving a music app has never been easier:
- Online radio for endless listening
- Local, international and curated stations
- Fantastic portrait-mode design
- Stream music via AirPlay
Download and use the Listen app for free. Subscribe to Online Radio to get access to thousands of radio stations.
Online Radio is a subscription service with a monthly charge of:
USD - $2.99 / CAD - $3.99 / MXN - $49.00 / AUD - $4.49 / NZD - $4.49 / JPY - ¥360 / CNY - ¥18.00 / SGD - S$ 4.48 / HKD - HK$ 23.00 / TWD - NT$ 90 / IDR - Rp 45ribu / INR - Rs 190 / RUB - 229 p. / TRY - 7,99 TL / ILS - NIS 11.90 / ZAR - R59.99 / SAR - SR 10.99 / AED - AED 10.99 / GBP - £2.29 / DKK - 25,00 kr / SEK - 30,00 kr / CHF - CHF 3.00 / NOK - 33,00 kr / EUR - 2,99 €
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
*** Manage your subscription directly from your iPhone ***
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
1. Tap the "Settings" icon on your mobile, then tap the "Store" icon.
2. Sign in with your iTunes ID.
3. Tap "View Apple ID" then "Manage App Subscriptions".
4. You will be able to see when your next payment is due, or cancel your automatic renewal.
*** You may cancel your subscription at any time ***
Renewal of your monthly subscription is automatic.
You can cancel this automatic renewal at any time, at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
- All known issues addressed
Our team's productivity is boosted by 120% when we see your positive reviews! If you think Listen is worthy, would you mind dropping a few lines?
This is by FAR my favorite music player, however I just have a things to say
1.) No song library. It'd be nice if there was a section/part that showed every single song. One for compilations would be nice too.
2.) No track number. It'd be nice if when the tracks were listed you could see the track number.
3.) Maybe a way to switch between round and rectangular view for the icons would be nice?
4.) For artists, maybe instead of listing all the individual track artists, just show the album artists.
4a.) If you do want to stick with that format though, that's fine, but I have kind of a problem. I have the soundtracks for Eurovision '11, '14, '15, and '16, and the and so it has the individual artists for '14 but not the others, but tapping on one of them also brings up every compilation with Various Artists as its compilation artist (since that's the one for '14) but none of the other compilations (any of them) don't get individual OR compilation artists (I have some compilations that don't have Various Artists as their compilation artist).
5.) And also, when you select an artist, instead of listing the songs in a huge font under the tiny album font, maybe just list the albums (as well as an all songs one).
6.) Additionally, a queue where we can decide what to play next or switch the order of songs around.
Best Way to Listen to Music
After updating to iOS 10, I found myself underwhelmed with Apple's music app redesign. Looking for a replacement, I found Listen. And I am never looking back.
It has a gorgeous, intuitive interface that doesn't try to do too much. The gesture based controls are great, and the overall app performance is very smooth. I just have a couple requests to make the app even better.
1. Add a Queue: Especially with Apple's butchering of their old queue, a way to queue songs and rearrange the order would be very useful.
2. Playlist Creation: With the lack of a queue, I found myself having to go back to the Apple music app to create playlists. A feature to create playlists would be nice.
3. More Menus: It would be really nice if I could access other music menus like songs, genres, or compilations.
4. I don't know if this is a flaw with the app or just a flaw with Apple, but I often have to start playing my music within Apple's app to get the app to work. If there's any way that could be fixed, that would be nice.
Other than that, this app is more than amazing, and I've recommended it to everyone I know. Keep up the good work!
Love this app! Please add crossfade
Or use this app for a couple months before they added the Apple Music library, and I decided to re-download it just to see what it updated and I listen to Beats 1 a lot and I can't do it through this app. But!!! If this app add to Crossfade for songs then I would be committed to subscribing to your radio since apple fails to do so. But if theres no crossfade setting then ill jus keep on using apples jank music app, jus because switching to gesture control is a lifestyle change i like but without the one function all iphone users should have. I cant commit to any other music app. But you guys are doing an awesome job with development and i believe in you.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 30, 2016
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 57.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Curated Radio$2.99