Little Bookmark Box
By Wolfgang Weber
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easily store and manage interesting links while surfing in the World Wide Web. Whether you want to save links temporary or to keep it, your bookmarks are smartly organized besides to your browser. For more information, please visit the website.
- iCloud Sync
- Smart Boxes to automatically group your bookmarks.
- Send bookmarks to Instapaper, Pocket or Pinboard, either automatically or manually.
- Full support for tagging bookmarks i.e. adding, searching, sorting, filtering.
- Import (html) and Export (html, csv) of bookmarks.
- You can copy a shortened URL to the clipboard.
- Live Preview. You can view and browse your bookmarked web pages using Quick Look, live.
- Several ways to add, access and search your bookmarks quickly.
- Works unobtrusively, side by side with your browser.
- You can sort bookmarks within each box differently, by date, title, tags and more.
- Editable bookmarks (title, url, note, tags and label).
- Selectable bookmarks subtitle (note, date created, date last visited and more).
- Lets you select, and remembers, the browser to open a bookmark.
- Full support for drag-and drop.
- Browser Extension and Bookmarklet available on the website, to save a link with a single click.
What's New in Version 3.1
- iCloud sync performance improvements
- Reduced energy consumption
- Refined preferences dialog
- Improved OS X El Capitan compatibility
Little Bookmark Box works great and is simple.
Little Bookmark Box works great! I needed to replace a bookmark system as that one was not carried over by the developer to macOS Sierra. This app puts an icon in the menu bar, and you click on it and get a pop down menu which is a list of boxes. Each box can hold a single bookmark or a bunch of related bookmarks. The pop down menu can be situated where you want it, and you can hide the pop down menu when not using it. The result is a very nice system for holding bookmarks that you do not have room to include easily on the favorites bar of Safari. This way you can avoid a deeply embedded system of bookmarks coming off the menu bar.
Very handy. It syncs across all my computers through iCloud flawlessly.
The only drawback is that it’s slightly clunky to put things in the folder you want. Everything goes to your Inbox by default, and THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED. It seems odd to not include such simple functionality. To get a new page in the folder you want, you have to click on the URL (which you cannot do in Safari in one click), and drag it to the Little Bookmark menu icon, then the app opens up and oyu can drag it to the folder you want.
A better way would be to designate ANY bookmark folder as the current default, and just click on the menu button to add it.
Also, the Chrome extension is non-functional. I don’t know what it’s still on the Chrome store when it doesn’t work (and hasn’t for years).
Great power in a simple package
I love the simplicity of Little Bookmark Box. It is the perfect reference app for bookmarks that I want to keep handy but may not use every day.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 30, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Wolfgang Weber
- © PointWorks Software Development
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor