Are you keen for your child to learn a new language? Are you looking for tools that will help you along the way? MANDARIN, SPANISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, RUSSIAN, HEBREW, JAPANESE and ENGLISH are all included in one game.
Little Chatterbox puts fun into learning languages!
Little Chatterbox is an innovative app that helps children acquire 300 key day-to-day words.
Little Chatterbox features older children as "virtual teachers" as children learn better from other children. Little Chatterbox is also the only language app using video rather than just audio so children can see how the words are really pronounced. And Little Chatterbox conceals rote vocabulary learning activities within four fun games your child will actually want to play.
Little Chatterbox is designed for kids, but you can brush up on your rusty Spanish or even try an entirely new language!
- real children are featured as teachers to make the language come alive
- you can watch these children pronounce words
- there are 16 screens featuring elements of children’s everyday life - the home, the doctor’s office, the beach, the school...
- there are a total of 300 day-to-day vocabulary words
- 4 games repeat the words over and over
- you can put the game in mono-lingual setting for older children or bilingual setting for younger ones
Find out about our app and more about learning languages on our website littlechatterbox.com.
- The app can be downloaded free of charge. You will be able to access one screen and see how the games help with memorisation
- If you like playing with the game, you can download the next set of screens and words, or the whole game, are available as in-app purchases
- These are one-time purchases which will permanently unlock the content of for your account
- No advertising, text or pop-ups
Updates & fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve recently purchased this App, and it looks very nice. But there is a huge problem. In Hebrew, as in English as well, all presented words in the application pronounced with definite article. It is not correct while you are learning words. For example, fish 🐠 in Hebrew is dug, but not hadag, sun is shemesh, but not hashemesh, etc. And ALL words are the same, incorrect for learning.
The same in English. Fish is a fish. In sentence it might be a fish or the fish. But the word is “fish”, not “thefish” like in the App.
Hi - This was a difficult decision as this is an app that deals with many languages. You point out that it is not necessary to have "the" in English and Hebrew, which indeed seems unnecessary - but only because both languages are the same on that front. However other languages are different.
In French, Spanish and German "the" translates into several possibilities - 'the fish' is 'el pescado' and 'the girl' is 'la nina'. Learning a word without knowing whether it is el/la or der/die/das is like learning half the word, and must absolutely be included. And it would have been incorrect to translate 'el pescado' into 'fish'.
On the other end of the spectrum, Russians, Japanese and Mandarin do not have articles at all - and for them learning that the word fish rarely comes on its own (only with the, a or as a multiple) is also useful.
In my experience when I tested this with French / English, it has not hindered learning or comprehension - children naturally pick up on this repetition and just keep in the the back of their minds and understand that the word is "fish" not "thefish".
Once again, this was a difficult decision, and I am really sorry if this impacts your enjoyment of the app. I will add a notice within the app to explain this.
I love that it uses real voices and shows the kids speaking. Looking at the person speak helps the brain make a connection to what it is hearing, especially for a foreign language. I hope they make more advanced apps!
Wonderful app. The full version is totally worth the money
- The Appy Learning Company Ltd
- 127 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Appy Learning Company Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Words $9.99
- Word Package 4 $3.99
- Word Package 1 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.