Little Chickies (Los Pollitos) by Canticos - Sing, Play & Learn with Latino Nursery Rhymes
By Encantos Media Studios, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Come sing, play and learn with three adorable Little Chickies!
Inspired by the beloved Latino nursery rhyme "Los Pollitos Dicen" (Little Chicks Say), these little chickies peep and sing 'pío pío pío' throughout a variety of creative play experiences that expose your little ones to music, language and creativity.
Crack the eggs to help the Little Chickies hatch, sing along to the nursery rhyme in 8 different languages, decorate a whimsical bouquet for Mother Hen and strum along to the notes of this catchy tune.
CREATIVE PLAY EXPERIENCES:
1. Crack the Egg (enter through the first screen or by touching the single white egg on the lower right on the home screen)
- Have endless fun cracking the eggs to watch the chickies hatch
- Touch the chickies to make them say "pío" (peep)
2. Play the Multilingual Radio (enter by touching the radio on the tree branch)
- Sing along in 8 languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Hindi, Japanese and Chinese
- The native Spanish version is sung by Julio Briceño, the lead singer of the Latin Grammy award-winning band Los Amigos Invisibles.
- Pause the music and learn to play the nursery rhyme with the working notes on the musical staff
3. Make a Bouquet of Creative Flowers (enter by touching the flower pot)
- Design a bouquet with fun shapes ranging from stars to flowers to a pinwheel
- Play with the Chickie to see how she reacts to your bouquet
4. Play the Guitar (enter by touching the guitar)
- Strum to play notes and watch the chickies dance along
- Click on the chickies to watch their solo performances
5. Decorate An Egg (enter by touching the yellow & green egg in the nest)
- Select from a variety of colors, designs, and objects to decorate an egg
- Click on the book icon to store your designs in the Sticker Book
6. Home Screen
- Upper right plays / pauses the music
- Upper left goes to parent section
- Press the sun to change the time of day
- Play with the chickies and bugs to see different reactions
We take your privacy seriously. We don't allow any third party advertising, and we don't collect or share personal information about your child.
Canticos collects the most beloved nursery rhymes and songs from all over the Spanish-speaking world. Designed by parents with love and care, we bring to life our Canticos (little songs) through books, apps, sing-a-long videos and more.
As a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC), we believe in creating meaningful media that makes the world a better place for kids of all ages.
Our goal is to foster multilingual learning that promotes child development through:
- language & communication skills
- fine motor skills
- sound & music skills
- number & math awareness
- visual awareness
Come sing, play and learn with Canticos!
For every Canticos book or app purchased, a portion of the proceeds goes to provide books and apps to children in low-income communities.
What's New in Version 1.02
“Hours of creative fun… Graphics are vibrant and beautiful. Those three chickies are so cute and full of personality!” -- THE iPHONE MOM
“Pure delight. The gameplay is open-ended, uber creative and explores a range of critical thinking skills. Highly recommended.” TEACHERS WITH APPS
We have enhanced our games for smaller children. Export and share your children stickers in social media.
I gave this app to both my kids since I grew up listening to Los Pollitos, they both engaged immediately and it was great to see how my older son would show my younger daughter how to interact with the app.
So much fun!
My little girl loved the flower game, and my older son learned to play Los Pollitos on the Piano w this app. Make more!
Lots of learning experiences for little hands. My kid loves the egg decorating activity and multilingual radio.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 11, 2016
- Version: 1.02
- Size: 159 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Encantos Media Studios, Llc
- © Encantos Media Studios PBC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.