The littleBits Invent app is your personal guide to unleashing creativity. Discover thousands of inventions, take challenges, control your inventions wirelessly, connect with the global littleBits community, access step-by-step tutorials, and easily upload and share your own creations. And if you have the Gizmos & Gadgets Kit, 2nd Edition, this app is a requirement!
Learn how to make a blinking, buzzing, bumbling robot, a synth-keytar you can shred on, or the perfect way to automate your curtains to open with the sunrise. Then add a Bluetooth Low Energy Bit and control them from your phone or tablet!
- Get personalized littleBits invention recommendations
- Explore thousands of inventions & instructions from people just like you
- Upload and share your inventions with the littleBits community
- Browse challenges and submit your inventions to be entered to win prizes
- Control your Bluetooth Low Energy Bit-enabled inventions from your smart device
- Get a personal, guided kit experience when you load the Rule Your Room Kit or Gizmos & Gadgets Kit, 2nd Edition into your Bit Inventory
- Create custom controls for your Bluetooth Low Energy Bit
- Receive notifications about new challenges, and when the community likes or comments on your inventions
- Learn which inventions you can make with the Bits you own
- Manage your Bit inventory and build your collection
- Set up and control your cloudBit directly from your smartphone or Apple Watch
littleBits is a platform of easy-to-use electronic buildings blocks for you to create inventions large and small. These innovative building blocks snap together with tiny magnets, allowing anyone to build, invent, and prototype with electronics independent of age, gender and technical background – no soldering, wiring, or programming required.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Well I'm glad I decided to do my homework on the product I was really excited when I saw this I almost just got it with out looking into it. I am happy I did and will be waiting to see what other companies do in the future I'm sure it won't be long til someone really wants to help out little inventors with something they can use and learn from with out a huge marketing scam.... People who do this and take advantage of children's excitement and wonder over things they won't be able to achieve even if they wanted to because what they’re selling will never actually be what their showing it sold as should be ashamed of themselves terrible people do things like that I will never buy from this company
And In order to write a review I have to rate them at least one star to make my thoughts heard and add to there rating smh
Why are people rating this product at 3/4 stars if all your saying about it is negative I don’t understand
Kids + cloud = NOPE!
You can’t do a single thing in this app without creating an account. That’s a huge red flag for me. The devices our son uses are not even connected to the internet. He did not really get exposed to marketing until after he was 6-7. I consider that one of the best things I have ever done for him. I can see what is going on here... So, no. Just no.
*update* I thought that perhaps I should preview it and give them a chance. It is sometimes a burden to know how predictable people are. They crowd sourced the education out to OTHER KIDS! It promises to give projects based on the bits you own, but all it returns is messy garbage “look what I did” style vanity brag posts that mostly tell the person trying to learn nothing about WHY the bits are doing what they do. So great, we are teaching a generation to assemble things and brag about it. This app is a missed opportunity that really could have added value, but instead they just wanted to use it to make kids jealous of the bits they don’t have... sick. My child will never see it. No big loss it adds very little.
Lol, worse yet. The “lessons” just seem to be pulled from a web source and have files and links that don’t work from within the app! Let’s frustrate the kids while we’ll try to bilk them.
Good, but improvements would be nice.
I had an ‘exciting’ adventure with customer support, having lost my cloudbit microSD card (User error! Not their fault!) they were really nice, gave me a (bugged) tool to UPDATE the firmware. I found an img of the firmware online. however it does Not support iPad mini 4 screen, so I had annoying black borders. Please just add this API, it would make my day. Functionality-wise, it works fine, I signed in with my Google account and it was able to set up after a few tries, works great!
- littleBits Electronics Inc
- 99.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 littleBits Electronics, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.