By Dustin Senos
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The best Latin text generator for OS X. Incredibly quick and lightweight. And it’s completely free!
• Option to wrap generated text in HTML tags
• Generates words, sentences or paragraphs
• Random output using actual Latin words
• Fast, simple, easy to use
• Lightweight & low on system resources
• Supports Growl notifications
• Lives in the menu bar for quick access
• No internet connection required
"As a fan of handy Mac menubar apps, LittleIpsum rightfully finds its place in mine. Convenient. Simple. Useful. A must for anyone that designs or writes code.” — Brian Hoff of The Design Cubicle
“It’s the swiss army knife of latin text generators.” — Trent Walton
"Have been trying out LittleIpsum. Much faster than other methods. Access OS-wide, too. I still use loremify, but sometimes waiting for dashboard takes forever.” — Luke Dorny
What's New in Version 2.0.3
• Added support for OS X Mavericks!
• Added a sprinkle of love for all those who emailed and tweeted me that they missed their LittleIpsum
Huge time saver!
I’m all about productivity and my work process and this simple tool is probably one of my favorite. I appreciated it from the the jump but realized how much I missed it when I upgraded to Mavericks and found that it no longer worked. Fortunately, the latest update fixed that!
Incompatible with Mavericks
Yea! LittleIpsum is now compatible with Mavericks. You learn how valuable an app is when you can’t use it. LittleIpsum was the best app I never paid for — so convenient and a huge time saver.
Doesn’t work in Mavericks
Hate to give it one star, as it’s Apple’s fault, but it failed to launch after downloading.