Litz - Spritz powered, Pocket, free eBooks, PDF, Instapaper, Readability, built-in browser
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Revolutionary Spritz reading method. Read twice as fast with thousands free eBooks included in the Litz store or use Pocket, Instapaper, Readability and the built-in Web Browser. Prepare for total addiction! Set goals and import compatible PDFs, Word documents, ebooks and Text files from iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Mail, Safari or iTunes Mac application in a gorgeous minimalist interface with intuitive gestures.
Read up to 1000 words per minute.
## Reading technique
Litz combines two renowned reading methods:
- Spritz Rapid Serial Visual Presentation allows for the reading of unlimited text in a limited position. By focusing on the specific red letter your eyes make less effort to read, thus increasing both reading speed and comprehension.
- Guided reading algorithm presents the current word being litzed on the background in the original book context.
## Thousands of the best free eBooks, included
Litz public domain classic books right from the Litz store. Read great authors chef d'oeuvres from Shakespeare to Baudelaire. Create an account and download more than 5.000 free eBooks in english, french, german, italian and spanish.
The articles section seamlessly merges your Pocke, Instapaper and Readability links and even any readable webpage on the internet. You can filter a specific provider, mark favourite articles, archive and delete read items. Litz keeps your articles in the cloud so you can read them on any device with your Litz account.
Set weekly or monthly goals to improve your reading skills. Litz gives you your overall progress and your average reading speed. Compare your score with other Litzers and share your achievements on Facebook and Twitter.
*"As a bit of feedback, I love the app, and it's really helping me with my studies at the moment..."* Christopher.
*"Dear developers, great app! Really has lots of potential. Great extra features in latest update. Carry on!"* David.
*”Hi, I work with pupils with visual impairment, many of whom I think would really benefit from using this app. [...] As I'm sure you can appreciate, when reading this position needs to be continually readjusted as they read each word. Your app may help to overcome this.”* Rebecca.
- Spritz reading method up to 1000 words per minute
- Litz Store: more than 10.000 free eBooks from Feedbooks in english, french, spanish, italian and german
- Articles section with Pocket, Instapaper, Readability and Web browsing. Use your Litz account to synchronize all your articles on all your devices. Retrieve articles from the built-in browser and add favorites.
- Pick your favorite books and set daily, weekly, or monthly goals. Litz reminds you your progress and helps you commit with reading more
- Intelligent algorithm with automatic pauses on full stop characters
- Intuitive gestures to pause, read, go faster or slower, rewind and forward and more
- Bookmarks: highlight and annotate
- Auto skip feature automatically skips the content you don't want to read, for instance PDF headers and footers
- Chapters reflect pages in your PDF files or actual chapters in eBooks
- Choose the word or the chapter to start reading from. Go forward or rewind within a chapter
- Last position is bookmarked
- Portrait and landscape modes
- Black, white and Sepia themes
- Select suited fonts and Open Dyslexic font
- Docx, PDF, ePub and text import (when compatible)
- Import within the application with your Dropbox, Google Drive or iCloud account
- Import from any source application: Mail, Dropbox, Safari, Pages and much more
- Import from iTunes file sharing
- Easily edit, duplicate or delete your documents from the documents view
- FAQ section to help you start quickly
- Active support
- Import non DRM protected files from your iBooks account using iBooks on your computer. The process is described inside the application.
What's New in Version 5.5
Minor bug fixes
Best, so far. Room to grow.
This app is the only one I've found that delivers 'spritz'-like speed reading with the ability to import .pdf files. I read manuscripts for work and need to get through a lot of material. This app can be quite useful to that end.
It is glitchy, though. While I'd call it 'good-enough' I'm bothered by the clunkiness. For instance there is an option to auto skip certain text like page numbers, headers, etc. I turn that feature on and take preemptive measures like manually skipping things such as the author's name atop each page, but it won't take cues or operate intuitively based on my input. It seems not to ever 'learn' that I don't want my reading flow interrupted with the author's name, title of book or page number with each new page. This is the most glaring and disruptive flaw for me. I'd love to be able to manually input words or phrases I'd like skipped.
I also need to close and reopen on occasion as I feel it gets stuck and won't actually increase reading speed without a restart even though the numbers change.
It is a useful app though. I hope it improves.
Just gets worse
I love this app in theory - I would like nothing more than to give it 5 stars, but it is full of bugs. The features are great and it's primary function to increase reading speed and recall really does deliver. The problems: it crashes too often, has trouble importing from Dropbox about 1/3 of the time, and doesn't normalize text very well (especially with special characters, accent marks, and carriage returns). The fact that there are regular updates led me to believe that Litz would improve, but they seem interested in additional revenue streams rather than improving the quality and stability of the app. The fact that integration with Pocket stopped working and they don't respond to support requests have now added to the already long list of gripes.
It works, but barely
The app crashes frequently. Especially when importing ebooks or if I make too many pauses or change speeds.
Finding books that are not on the front page of the store is a chore. The category function is worthless as there are so many empty categories that It's impossible to find one that actually contains anything.
Importing articles and webpages could be easier and the browser could use a back function. The format of the articles and web pages can be dramatically changed to the point of limiting their readability outside of the "spritz" function.
It would be nice to 'spritz' at more than one word at a time.
I would enjoy being able to turn off the spritz part and just have the red cursor go about underlining the text.
All in all I love e app, but $4 for something that crashes as frequently as this app does is wildly unnerving.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 83.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Aboubacar DOUCOURE
- © Bobinades
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases