(三) 本會與香港理工大學設計學院及Imagi Studio攜手合作，構思及製作有關認知障礙症的教育動畫短片，片內以故事形式講解認知障礙症的病理、病徵、藥物及非藥物治療等，從而提高公眾對認知障礙症的認識和了解。
Hong Kong Alzheimer’s Disease Association (HKADA) is committed to provide services and resources for people with dementia as well as their care-givers. The association was established in September 1995 as a non-profit making charitable organization. It was founded by a group of health care professionals including doctors, social workers, care-givers, academics and volunteers. HKADA has become one of the members of Alzheimer's disease International (ADI) and Hong Kong Council of Social Services (HKCSS) since 1996 & 1999 respectively.
Recently, our association design and install a brand new application which aims to suggest cognitive exercises and to provide a new channel of training and entertainment for elders in Chinese community. The application includes 3 major components:
1) Cognitive stimulating games with six traditional art elements (Interpersonal and social, Musical, Visual-spatial, Kinesthetic, Linguistic, & Logic-mathematical) for seniors to exercise their brains and to slow down cognitive decline. Each game consists of 3 difficult levels; elders can make their choices according to their interests. For elders with dementia symptoms, they may require guidance by caregivers on manipulating the device and selecting appropriate games based on their cognitive levels. Involvement with relatives/caregivers can enhance the participation of elders and also facilitate a harmonious relationship between elders and family members.
2) For the purpose of encouraging early detection for persons with cognitive deterioration, a self-test is introduced in the application and the self-administered questionnaire comprises 19 questions describing the problems that are commonly encountered for individuals with mild dementia in their daily living. Recommendation will be generated whether the users require further assessment or investigation.
3) A CG-animated movie is developed in collaboration with School of Design of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Imagi Studio in order to increase the public awareness and understandings of dementia. The video offers information on pathology and symptoms of dementia in addition to the pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment for dementia.
- Hong Kong Alzheimer's Disease Association
- 429.3 MB
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Hong Kong Alzheimer’s Disease Association owns all copyright
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.