Spoken text shows large on your iPhone or iPad, so you can read what is being said. - Not for use with phone calls.
• Subscribe to get full-screen, uninterrupted captioning service for only $2.99 per month!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged $2.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
• You may continue to use Live Caption standard without the purchase of a subscription.
Talk with family, friends, colleagues and strangers with no set-up or hassle. Use voice recognition to connect with the world around you and join in the conversation!
Need help understanding the doctor? A clerk at the store? Open Live Caption and they can speak into your phone. Live Caption transcribes what they say in real time.
Know someone with hearing loss? Using voice recognition software, your spoken words appear live on your device. Talk to anyone face-to-face with Live Caption.
How It Works:
• The app is NOT for use with incoming phone calls, but for face-to-face, live conversations.
• The app does not store or save captured text, unless you intentionally share that text with another app.
• To begin, press the microphone button on the device’s keyboard, speak, and text results will appear.
• Go to settings to increase or decrease the size of text, and change from white text on black background, to black text on a white background.
• Live Caption works with connected Bluetooth devices like headsets and standalone microphones for greater distance from device.
• To respond with typed text, tap "Clear All" and all previous messages on screen will disappear. Type with keyboard and the typed text will appear at the same size.
• You may edit any text as you would in any other text editing software. Tap anywhere on screen and the keyboard will appear to edit your text.
• Tap and hold to select text to copy, paste.
• Pair with Bluetooth devices to caption at greater distances. Good for use in a classroom, in church or at the office where user controls the app. Especially new Live Caption Unlimited!
• Stream the app to a Television by connecting an Apple TV for a larger display
• Captioning may not be as accurate with strong accents or children's voices.
• Live Caption does not record or store voice or text results. Once the "Clear All" button is tapped results cannot be retrieved. Share text with another app to save the captured text.
• Live Caption will return results in any language the phone is set to. For example, if the phone is set to Spanish, the app will caption Spanish results.
How to enable Speak Selection on iPhone and iPad:
• Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
• Now tap on General.
• Scroll down and towards the bottom, tap on Accessibility.
• Tap on the Speak Selection option and turn it to On.
Terms of Service
Fixed bugs causing screen refresh and improved captioning performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Didn't work as well as hoped
I had trouble using this. I purchased it for use at dr appointments but it is very inaccurate even when spoken directly to the microphone. I was happy that it converted the text in real time. I wish there was a subscription service to get access to an actual person to type out conversation.
I will rate this 5 stars when one of issues is fixed.
Durning the meeting this app are prefect good enough for me, however problem still there when person is spoken and this app "Live Captions" kept pausing every one minutes. I have to manually pressing the microphone to keep up the conversation. Here and there where pressing microphone do not respond or freezing up missing every seconds of conversation. This is very very important to know.
Any fix for this are greatly appreciated!
Awesome Communication for the Deaf, too!
Deaf and able to communicate with various of people. Including my doctor when no interpreter is available. Love it! Thank you for creating an awesome app for the Deaf people, too!
- Live Caption, Inc.
- 22.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Live Caption Inc., Ryan Flynn, Live Caption 2010
- In-App Purchases
- Live Caption Unlimited $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.