The new and improved Live Alert 19 brings the latest and best weather alerting technology to your device!
* High-resolution radar down to the street-level view
* 1-hour and 24-hour 'future radar' with user-controlled time bar
* High-resolution visible and infrared-satellite imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and hour-by-hour forecasts updated hourly
* Ability to select alerts for 'current location' and multiple other user-chosen locations
* A fully-integrated GPS for current location awareness
* The fastest, most accurate lightning and thunderstorm alerts available
* Notifies you when lightning is within 15 miles of your location
* Thunderstorm alerts using the Baron Tornado Index that can give you advanced warning that severe weather is possible
* The latest video and blog updates from The Weather Authority
Back end app incorporation with Firebase, as well as bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Radar performance is improved but where did the storm tracks go? Bring it back please. I had to hunt for the 7-day forecast. Finally found it at the bottom of “Local Conditions”. Why not just put a simple menu item “7-Day Forecast” up? The main screen doesn’t visually separate the sections well. It looks like a mess to me. I liked the carousel much better. I’ll keep using it, but except for radar performance, I’m not thrilled with your recent updates. (Using an iPhone 7+).
What was now isn’t
I don’t know who approved the new layout but it’s horrible- can’t distinguish between what are ads and what is the information I’m looking for. Id blame the issue on screen size assumptions (hey not all of us want to walk around with a brick size phone) but the iPad is equally troublesome. While I love the idea of not getting news alerts on a weather app I’ve yet to get the settings tab to even open to set this adjust this feature. And the update wiped out all my previously identified location data. I’d send the directly to you but the links don’t work either.
Still no Radar Overlays fix!
Still no fix for being able to read the the state and city names through the alert overlays. I’m still depending on other apps for this information. This is a bad case of IT techs and upper management not listening to the users. No wonder the 2.5 rating.
March 3, 2019
Why is it so hard for the app designers to understand that STATE AND CITY NAMES CANNOT BE READ OVER THE OVERLAYS during bad weather and alerts?
People have been complaining since the September 2018 update that ruined this app and we are being ignored. I have to go to other apps to find this information and I am almost ready to delete this app since I can also get ALL ALERTS from those other apps.
The 2.6 rating should be telling the designers how bad this app is. That’s probably why the most “recent” reviews are not listed first
- Local TV LLC
- 109.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright (c) 2019, WHNT. A Tribune Broadcasting Station.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.