LiveQuartz Photo Edit
By Romain Piveteau
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A simple and powerful photo editor for the Mac.
It is based on non destructive layers and filters. The layers are at the left and the filters are at the right of the window. To edit a photo, just drag it into the window (or layers’ list) and it will be added as a new layer. LiveQuartz supports Gestures (Multi-Touch) and fully supports Retina Display.
SCREENCASTS : http://www.rhapsoft.com/?menu=livequartz_video
FAQ : http://livequartz.fr.yuku.com/forums/1/FAQ/FAQ
TWITTER : @livequartz
“As a product manager I constantly need to communicate my ideas visually but I lack the time, attention and motivation to learn something like Photoshop. I downloaded LiveQuartz Lite and was manipualting images and creating new content within minutes. I didn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on the upgrade to the Unlimited version and more than happy that I did. I’ve since encouraged my non technical friends and my kids to use it and have seen the same results.Highly recommended.” - BobKattt (2.3.2)
“I enjoy Mac style Apps because they make artistic sense to me. I like to have as little math, tangent calculations, and non creative tasks involved when I am creating artwork and graphic design projects. With LiveQuartz, pencils act like pencils, and brushes brush. Actions are smooth and simple as putting a pen to paper. The layers behave magically and the various composites and photo effects are fluid and intuitive. Each time I use this program, I find new tools and combinations that help add to the fun of creating. Great program.” - Phil Seymour (2.0.3)
• "Layer moving tool"
• "Duplication tool"
• "Drawing tools" (lines, rectangles, rounded corners rectangles, ovals)
• "Gradient tools"
• "Rich Text tool"
• "Eraser tool"
• "Background eraser tool"
• "Filter effect tool"
• "Color Picker tool"
• "Rectangle Selection tool"
• "Ellipse Selection tool"
• "Lasso / Polygonal lasso tool"
• "Magnifying glass"
• Native non destructive format : rhif (RHapsoft Image Format, sqlite based)
• Read / Export formats : pdf, png, jpeg, jpeg2000, tiff, tga, gif, bmp, OpenEXR
• Read only formats :
raw, photoshop (merged layers), icns, sgi, Windows ico, Windows cursor, FlashPix, MacPaint, QuickTime Import Format, Radiance, XWindow bitmap
New Yosemite and Mavericks filters + Standard Core Image Filters + Shadow filter + "Flip" geometry filter
What's New in Version 2.5.2
- Bug fixes
- New Ellipse Selection tool
- Enhanced Lasso Selection tool with two modes : classical behavior by using it as usual (click and drag and release the mouse to close the selection) OR the new polygonal mode where you do some successive clicks to define segments of the polygon. You close the selection path with the “ Close ” button or with the “ return ” key (“ esc ” key is here to cancel the selection)
- The "shift" key can be used on the polygonal lasso
- New selections settings to apply a blur effect on the selection borders (no blur effect by default)
- Layer crop (available in the layer contextual menu by doing a right click on selected layers in the layer’s list) is now possible to any types of selection. This gives new basic masking capabilities to LiveQuartz (rectangle, elliptic, lasso and polygonal masking with progressive borders in option).
- Redesigned rectangle selections resizing knobs
- Better feedback about the tool size values and more precise tool size settings for small sizes (the slider uses a logarithmic slider)
- Painting tools now have dynamic sized cursors to show the tool shape
- Arrow tool (layer dragging) could be constrained to a line or vertical move with the “ ⇧ ” key
- Rectangle selections could be constrained to squares with the “ ⇧ ” key
- Ellipse selections could be constrained to circles with the “ ⇧ ” key
- Fixes a bug with undo grouping on some drawing tools
- Fixes a bug with cursors when we have selections
- Fixes a bug with the background eraser when using it by clicking on a non opaque color
If you like LiveQuartz, we’d love it if you could take a moment and give it a nice review. It helps LiveQuartz get noticed, which helps everyone in the long run.
If you don’t like it and think that this could be fixed, don’t hesitate to email us (feedback at rhapsoft dot com) to explain the reasons.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: May 05, 2015
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Romain Piveteau
- © 2015 Romain Piveteau
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor