By LiveSafe, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LiveSafe enables direct and discreet two-way communication with your community safety officials using text, picture, video, and audio. It also lets you virtually walk your friends and family home with SafeWalk.
Plus much more!:
• Request a SafeRide (if offered by your community)
• Location sharing during emergencies
• Access to safety resources and phone numbers
• Safety map with key safety locations to keep you “in the know”
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION TO REPORT REAL-TIME EMERGENCIES IF YOUR LOCAL POLICE ORGANIZATION IS NOT LISTED IN THE ORGANIZATIONS SCREEN IN THE APP. Reports will not be immediately received by police or emergency authorities until LiveSafe coordinates with authorities to enable delivery of reports. Should an emergency arise, always dial 911.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Law enforcement agencies interested in directly receiving their local crime tips in real-time via the LiveSafe Command Dashboard are encouraged to contact LiveSafe via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting LiveSafeMobile.com.
By downloading this application, you understand and agree to these terms: The LiveSafe application may not be linked or connected to your local police, medical, or law-enforcement authority as of yet. By using this application at this time, you will not be assisted for any and all emergencies or crime-reports submitted unless your local authorities have integrated with LiveSafe. Please check with your local authorities to see if they are integrated with LiveSafe to receive your reports. Should an emergency arise, always dial 911.
THE PUBLISHER OF THE APPLICATION AND ANY AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES OF LIVESAFE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY NOR RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY PART OF THE APPLICATION INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DOWNLOADING, USE, CRIME REPORTING, AND EXPECTATIONS OF SAFETY AND SECURITY.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
This Version (2.0.1):
• Bug fixes
Previous Version (2.0):
• Streamlined, mobile-first sign up using your phone number (but you can still also use email address or Facebook)
• New, upgraded designs for Report Tips, Emergency Options, and Home screens
• Robust new media-adding capabilities when submitting an event
• It's now easier than ever to get your friends into a SafeWalk with you
• You can now to subscribe to receive safety alerts from more than one organization at a time
• Organizations can now send you an alert to have you check-in with them to let them know you're safe
• Improved location accuracy
• Reduced battery usage
• Optimizations for International users
• Numerous new options for orgs to customize the experience for their users
• Lots of smaller UI and UX enhancements
• Bug fixes
Live Safe is great!
I think this app is exactly how it should be, straight and to the point. There aren't a lot of options which minimizes the risk of fumbling with buttons if someone really was in danger. I also like how it gives some resources like what to do in the case of an active shooter or a fire.
Trying to get it
My campus police give me a cookie for downloading the app. I've used it for resources and I sent a tip. The cookie was also good:).