Livestock Carcass Calculator
By Washington State University
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WSU Livestock Carcass Grade & Cutability Calculator is a simple way to calculate carcass yield grade, dressing percentages, and cutability of beef, pork and lamb carcasses. The App can calculate yield grade and cutability from live animal estimates or ultrasound data from cattle, pigs and lambs, and can be used to calculate dressing percentage, yield grade and cutability of beef, pork and lamb carcasses using actual carcass data. Just enter live or carcass data information and the calculator will automatically provide desired information.
The Calculator lets you determine:
• The Beef Carcass calculator will calculate estimated yield grade, dressing percentage, actual yield grade, percent retail cuts, and assist in determining the USDA quality grade by reviewing USDA degrees of marbling standards for A maturity cattle carcasses (less than 30 months of age).
• The Pork Carcass Calculator will calculate estimated percent muscle, dressing percentage, and actual percent muscle for both ribbed and unribbed carcasses. It can also adjust for carcasses with the skin and head removed.
• The Lamb Carcass Calculator will calculate estimated yield grade, dressing percentage, actual yield grade, and percent of boneless closely trimmed retail cuts.
The WSU Livestock Carcass Grade & Cutability Calculator is an excellent way for producers, niche marketers, butchers, livestock judges, meat evaluators, and youth to quickly determine the yield grade and cutability of beef, pork or lamb carcasses.
The information given herein is for educational purposes only. Reference to commercial products or trade names is made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by Extension is implied.
This tool is not meant to replace or verify USDA grades determined by USDA graders or grid pricing used to determine carcass value by specific cattle/carcass buyers.
Washington State University Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local WSU Extension Office.
- Category: Utilities
- Released: Aug 17, 2015
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Washington State University
- © Washington State University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.