By Nicholas Zambetti
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
LiveView is a specialized network screen viewing application intended as a tool to help designers create graphics for mobile applications. It is also useful for creating quick interactive demos and experience prototypes.
• Develop pixel–perfect graphics for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad quickly and easily with a live view of your canvas/artboard while you work in any Mac application.
• Interact with software prototypes and demos running on your Mac to communicate and iterate your concepts quickly by controlling your Mac's cursor via touch.
1. Download and install the LiveView apps on both your Mac and your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
2. Open LiveView on both devices while they are connected to the same WiFi network
3. On your Mac, choose your iOS device from the LiveView Network Browser. Place the window frame over the portion of the screen that you wish to screencast.
• While LiveView for Mac is hidden, it will continue to screencast in the
background so you can use other applications.
• For increased performance, connect directly to your Mac via a computer-to-computer WiFi connection.
• Not only useful for design, LiveView has also been used to press on-screen buttons on your Mac from afar, carry a portion of your Mac's screen across the room, or save screenshots of your Mac's screen while viewing it on your iOS device.
What's New in Version 3.2
• Fixed interactive mode
A new free helper application named "LiveView Interactive" works alongside LiveView to enable interactive mode. You can download it within LiveView by connecting to your iOS device and clicking the "interactive" checkbox in the Network Browser.
What happened to this once great app...
I haven’t used this app in about a year and had to purchase it again for some reason. That didn’t bother me because I know it’s a great, app least it used to be. It now constantly loses connection and is nearly worthless besides a quick glance here and there. Yosemite/iOS8 bugs need to be suqashed big time for it to be useable again. Just wasted $10.
Does not work after paying
Used to be consistent and great when it was free. Upgraded and paid for it and I am yet to have it work even once.
I wish to support them but this really needs to be fixed big time .. will update as soon as a working version is available.
I hate to be negative nelly here….
Same issues as before… after update (and purchase) - app won’t work. Screen doesn’t appear… buggy, etc, etc. If this worked, I’d give it 5 stars… but - it’s not working - again and again. Pulling hair out now.