Living as a River - Finding Fearlessness in the Face of Change by Bodhipaksa
By i-mobilize, inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
To face reality is to embrace change; to resist change is to suffer. This is the liberating insight that unfolds with Living as a River. A masterful investigation of the nature of self, this eloquent blend of current science and time-honored spiritual insight is meant to free us from the fear of impermanence in a world defined by change.
The primary vehicle for this journey is Buddhism's traditional Six Element Practice, a deconstructive process of deep reflection that helps us let go of the belief in a separate, static self-the root of unhappiness. Bodhipaksa takes readers through a systematic yet poetic analysis of the self that supports the realization of:
* A sense of spaciousness and expansiveness that transcends the limitations of the physical body
* Profound gratitude, awe, and a feeling of belonging as we witness the extent of our connectedness with the universe
* Freedom from the psychological burden caused by clinging to a false identity
* The relaxed experience of “consciousness, pure and bright”
Engrossing and incisive, Living as a River is at once an empowering guide and a meditative practice we can turn to again and again to overcome our fear of change and align joyfully with the natural unfolding of creation.
What's New in Version 4.0
New version fixes bugs while running under iOS 5.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 21, 2011
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: i-mobilize.com Inc.
- © 2010 I-Mobilize.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.