Living Earth - Clock & Weather
By Radiantlabs, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A clock and weather app unlike any you've ever seen. Living Earth presents a stunning live 3D simulation of our planet with weather, forecasts and world clock for cities around the world. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms. Explore and experience amazing weather dynamics on our planet with real time weather maps and tropical cyclone tracking. Gaze at our planet floating amongst a universe of thousands of accurately rendered stars and gain a completely new perspective on time and weather.
"A stunning app that shows the Earth in real time, based on global weather reports. " - WIRED
"Living Earth is proof that a world clock and weather app can be beautiful." - Apple @AppStore
"Living Earth is visually impressive and just fun." - MacStories
One purchase for all devices - iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
● Live clouds from near real time satellite cloud data - updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms.
● Live weather maps of temperature, humidity, wind and forecasts.
● World clock and weather for over 3 million cities. 10 day and 2-hour forecasts powered by Weather Underground.
● Tropical cyclone notifications. Receive push notifications of new tropical cyclones and updates on current storm systems.
● Today Widget provides quick access to weather essentials, sunrise/sunset times, world clock and active tropical cyclones.
● Home Screen temperature icon. The current temperature for your location can be displayed on your Home Screen icon.
● Stars, constellations, and the Milky Way are displayed accurately in time and space.
● Alarm Clock with music playlist. Wake up to a stunning view of the planet with your favorite music.
● iCloud city syncing between all devices including Living Earth App for Mac.
● Our real-time planet in a Glance. Live clouds, maps conditions and forecast.
● Color coded temp and forecasts of your favorite cities, giving you a quick view of the big picture.
● Dynamic Apple Watch Notifications. Tropical cyclone updates with latest satellite imagery.
Quality detailed weather information provided by Weather Underground (www.wunderground.com). Weather Underground is the world's best source of the most reliable and accurate weather data available.
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A FAN: https://www.facebook.com/LivingEarthApp
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/livingearthapp
What's New in Version 3.71
- Quick bug fixes from our last release.
- Fix issue with iPad forecast not changing from city switching.
- iPad split screen multitasking issues.
- Location dot not updating when traveling to different location.
Updated for IOS 9
- 3D Touch: Get quick access to current weather, world clock, tropical storms and adding a new city. (3D Touch requires iPhone 6s).
- 3D Touch Peek & Pop: Quickly preview forecasts for each city from the city list view.
- Multitasking: use Split View or Slide Over on your iPad. (Split View requires iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 4).
- Spotlight Search: Favorite cities are spotlight searchable to open city directly from your home screen.
- Today Widget: Now displays current temperature for all cities.
- Visual improvements: Oceans reflect sunlight and more accurate sunset shading for better visual depth.
- Performance improvements on iPhone 6 Plus.
- Fixed backup alarm issue for some users. Enable a Wake Alarm and accept Push Notifications if asked.
Love Living Earth? Your ratings in the App Store mean a great deal to us!
Please email us at email@example.com for feedback or issues.
Wont fix known issue
Despite a number of communications with their support over the past few months, they don't respond/fix at all to an issue RADIANTLABS created by hardcoding their app when it comes to the alarm sound such that if you hook up your device to external speakers (e.g. so that it can be much louder than what your device can do) their app will ONLY play out of your device speakers. It will not play out of any external speakers. They should just make that an option (e.g. option to always play of device speakers) and thus allow sounds to play by IOS default (e.g. which includes external speakers if you're hooked into them) instead of forcing device only sound/music because, as Radiantlabs first responded (and never responded since) that they did that because of the few stupid people out there that would forget to turn on their external speakers. POOR DEVELOPMENT in that regard!
Working Great. Had it for years
I originally got it for the alarm. Now, I tend to use it as my sole means of obtaining a weather forecast. It rarely fails me.
Someone posted a review about the temp icon vs the temp shown after clicking on the app. The number on the icon refers to the "feels like" temp. I have mixed feelings about that (it was an update about a year ago). If you download this, be sure to open the app and take a look at the breakdown.
Great Weather App... EXCEPT
I live in a rural area and check this app every morning for the latest local weather info. Love the hurricane and cyclone tracking. I also enjoy the image updates of weather on earth as seen from space. On the other hand, temperatures reported for my area are lately quite inaccurate. Today it is reporting 30* while Weather Channel has it at 44*. What is happening?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 12, 2015
- Version: 3.71
- Size: 68.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Radiantlabs, LLC
- © 2015 Radiantlabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.