Living Earth - Clock & Weather
By Radiantlabs, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Chosen by Apple as the best iPhone and iPad Utility in App Store Rewind *
* Named by New York Times as a Top 10 iPad App *
Enjoy a stunning live 3D simulation of our planet with global weather, forecasts and world clock for cities around the world. View live global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms. Explore and experience amazing weather dynamics on our planet with real-time 3D weather maps and typhoon and hurricane tracking. Living Earth is the best and most beautiful World Clock, Weather and Alarm available for your iPhone and iPad!
"Living Earth is proof that a world clock and weather app can be beautiful" - Apple
"In a sea of more complicated and ambitious apps, Living Earth is beautifully simple." - New York Times 'Best Apps'
"A stunning app that shows the Earth in real time, based on global weather reports. " - WIRED Insider 'Must Have Apps'
One purchase for all devices - iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
● Live clouds from near real-time satellite cloud data - updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms around the world.
● Live 3d weather maps of temperature, humidity, wind and forecasts. Explore and view our planet in completely new detail!
● World clock, weather and extended forecast for millions of cities around the world with 7 day and 2-hour forecasts.
● Tropical cyclone notifications. Receive push notifications of new tropical cyclones and updates on current storm systems.
● Home Screen temperature icon. The real-time temperature for your location can be displayed on your Home Screen icon.
● Observe sunrise and sunset borders around the world live as they are happening. Watch the day and night shadow line progress across the globe through the day.
● Sunrise and Sunset times for each city.
● Rayleigh atmospheric scattering calculations for photorealistic atmospheric simulation.
● Observe the changing seasons throughout the year. View snow and ice coverage as well as other seasonal changes on our globe.
● High resolution live 3D simulation. Optimized for the iPhone Retina display and the new iPad.
● Alarm Clock with music playlist. Wake up to a stunning view of the planet with your favorite music!
● iCloud city syncing with Living Earth App for Mac.
Quality detailed weather information is provided by Weather Underground the most reliable, accurate weather information available!
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A FAN: https://www.facebook.com/LivingEarthApp
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/livingearthhd
What's New in Version 3.02
Mostly a minor bug fix release :)
• Imperial Barometric pressure to two decimals.
• Fix bug with alarm enable/disable on iPhone.
• Fix occasional crash with only one city enabled.
• Fix animation issue when rotating out of South Pole.
• Fix a handful of others no one noticed (whew).
my go-to weather app
Easy 5-star rating. The visual presentation alone would make the great explorers of old, from Christopher Columbus to Roald Amundsen, weep with delight. The roster of weather-reported cities is huge. I travel a moderate amount; my family is scattered all over; we do lots of outdoor stuff, from camping to soccer tournaments. This app gives fast and useful weather data from everywhere we go. An improvement: determine a way to display regions showing climate variability in the past ~15 years which scientific consensus assigns to long-term climate change. This would add a powerful temporal and spatial depth of information to your already truly worldly app.
High Visual Appeal; Comprehensive Data; Fantastic Functionality!
I have this app on both my iPhone and my iPad. I use it throughout the day every day.
It's presentation of weather data bests The Weather Channel app and the data itself is all one could ask for. The number of cities/locales for which data is available is impressive.
It's alarm function is first rate, especially its ability to devise and play a playlist as the alarm. One criticism is the inability to pause the playlist or turn off the alarm from the lock screen. One must actually open the app to do that.
Even so it still gets five stars from me.
I got this app because it would be awesome to see live earth to wake up to and weather for the day and stuff but the alarm clock is far far from a main feature in this app. You must go to settings to even activate it then you have four sounds to choose from and your music. I love the sounds from the clock app already downloaded because if you have your favorite song wake you up every morning it ruins it. Also I wish it would count down the snooze time on your lock screen like the clock app has. If you could please please fix those things I wouldn't regret buying this app and I would definitely gift it to a few friends cu they said the same thing about it and would love that those things to change also. Thank you!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 18, 2014
- Version: 3.02
- Size: 57.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Radiantlabs, LLC
- © 2014 Radiantlabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.