Experience the stories and history that make the 100 years of Union Station in Kansas City a must-see historical gem in the heart of the City of Fountains.
**In order to activate the app’s video experiences users must be in Union Station Kansas City and locations free of seasonal decor**
As you explore this Kansas City historical landmark, Union Station’s past comes alive through immersive and interactive video reenactments of historical events and celebrity encounters that have occurred there during Union Station’s previous 100 years.
The tales of the past are presented through the use of your camera, allowing you to guide your experience through a unique and personal connection to Union Station’s and Kansas City’s history. Inside these walls, you can:
• Watch a young Walt Disney, a former KC resident, behind the camera
• Earnest Hemingway come to the aide of a fallen man
• 1933 Kansas City Massacre from 2 unique angles.
• Missouri's own Harry S. Truman greet reporters on the campaign trail.
These are just a few of the 10 personalized stories through which Living History puts you in each moment, overlaying what you see through the camera with videos detailing the history you’re standing on.
Capture pictures as it unfolds in front of you and engage others, even if not there with you through your linked social networks. How cool would it be to have taken a picture with Disney or be in the crowd when Hemingway showed how he was larger than life?
Disclaimer: In order to activate the app’s augmented reality experience users must physically be at Union Station Kansas City. Markers within Union Station will aide the user to the proper location to stand to receive the best experience. Your iPhone must have Bluetooth LE enabled.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!!!
I love union station, I'm drawn to the building.
I don't think this app is advertised as much as it should be. I know that every time I meet a person in the building I always tell them about this app. No one seems to know what app I am talking about.
My only suggestion is to advertise it more and make the areas you can use the app stand out. People like simple.
Three stars for the idea, but I tried three different markets and couldn't get it to work. I will try again another time. Maybe it has certain hours of operation...?
Picky about location but amazing when it works
Some of the marks on the floor are a little hard to find, but I eventually got each to work. You can't let your finger cover any part of the camera, and it works better if you start the experience clips with nobody moving around in the frame.
- 59.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 VML, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.