By AbleLink Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Living Safely provides self-directed learning sessions for 27 important safety skills topics based on proven content developed by the Attainment Company. Living Safely provides an accessible learning tool that is specifically designed to be used directly by individuals with autism, learning or other developmental disabilities at their own pace on the coolest technology platform there is – the iPad! Living Safely is powered by Visual Impact, AbleLink’s highly effective cognitively accessible learning tool.
Living Safely also utilizes the AbleLink Instructional Media Standard (AIMS), AbleLink’s award-winning step-by-step multimedia training system which applies universal design principles to provide multimodal instruction using visual and auditory media. Anyone who needs support with understanding important safety skills necessary for daily living can benefit from the simplicity and self-directed nature of Living Safely.
Living Safely features 13 cognitively accessible learning sessions on Home Safety, including the following topics:
- Fire Safety
- Bathroom Safety
- Medicine Cabinet Safety
- Kitchen/Dinning Room Safety
- Putting Food Away/Doing Dishes
- Doing Dishes by Hand
- Dishwasher Safety
- Clothes Washer/ Dryer Safety
- Garbage Disposal Safety
- Strangers at Home
- Hand/Power Tool Safety
- Electrical Safety
Living Safely features 14 cognitively accessible learning sessions on Personal Safety, including the following topics:
- Swimming Safety
- Sun Safety
- Cold Weather Safety
- Sports Safety
- Bug Safety
- Free Time Safety
- Relationship Safety
- Internet Safety
- Pet Safety
- Pedestrian Safety – 1
- Pedestrian Safety – 2
- Bicycle Safety
- Getting Lost
- Work Safety
What's New in Version 1.2
Personal customization options are now available to modify the user interface to meet the needs of the learner!
- Added setting to show and hide Settings Button
- Added setting to scale images to fll the screen
- Added setting to prevent accidental double-taps on navigation buttons
- Added setting to show and hide the BACK Button
- Added setting to show and hide the STOP Button
- Added setting to show and hide the RESTART Button
- Added setting to show and hide the REPLAY Button
- Adeed setting to play or not play the Instruction Message
- Added ability to show and hide tasks
- Added page indicator on the task selection screen
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 03, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 208 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AbleLink Technologies, Inc.
- © 2012 AbleLink Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.