Living Weather HD - Live Wallpaper, Forecast Report & Desktop Clock
By Voros Innovation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Introducing Living Weather HD - a stunning, unique app which brings the weather to life right on your desktop!
It gives the weather forecast and turns your desktop into a beautiful animated wallpaper scene matching the conditions.
Living Weather HD can also function as a screensaver.
● Current weather conditions and forecast on your desktop from all around the world
● Animated weather wallpaper scenes matching current weather conditions, today’s or tomorrow’s forecast. You can also select your favorite weather wallpaper scene or make it random.
● Detailed weather forecast window accessible by a singe click on the Dock icon
● Dock icon showing the weather:
・Icon badge shows Current, Today's or Tomorrow's temperature
・Weather conditions icon
・Weather conditions text
● Adjustable Desktop Weather Widget:
・Widget style - Choose from 3 different styles
・Location on the screen - Move it anywhere you want on your desktop
・Size - Set as small or large as you like
・Transparency - Make it see-through
● Search forecast locations by address, airport code or automatic location based detection.
● Save as many locations as you want
● Screensaver option (“Show Desktop” feature moves all other windows out of the way)
● Forecast and conditions are updated every 60 minutes
WEATHER FORECAST INFORMATION
● Detailed weather forecast
● Weather forecast text summary
● Min and Max temperatures
● Current "Feels Like" (apparent) temperature
● Wind Speed and Direction
● Dew Point
● Rain fall information
● Local Sunrise and Sunset
● Units: Fahrenheit or Celsius & mph or kmh
● Time format: “System Default”, 12-hour or 24-hour
Download Living Weather HD Now!
What's New in Version 2.6.1
+ New animated weather wallpaper scenes added
+ New desktop weather widget designs added
+ General performance improvements
Works As Advertised
I live in the Albany, NY area and the current readings are updated from the National Weather Service at the Albany International Airport. As such, the graphics are based on the readings issued by the NWS roughly 10 minutes either side of the top of the hour. So naturally, there will be times that the graphics may not match what is actually happening outside at that very moment. There are numerous other weather stations in the area, used by Weather Underground, that are updated continually. If this app gave the user the ability to select one of those stations for the current readings and the app updated every five minutes, this app would be out of this world great. I gave it 5 stars because it works as advertised. I’d give it a ten if it updated every five minutes from one of the weather stations that update continually. This would be especially pleasing to me as one of those stations is located one block from my residence.
I want less pretty and more accuracy
I found the animations distracting and unnecessary. So I disabled it all. But this is personal taste. My major beef is that the data for my area tends to be inaccurate. For example, the temperature for my town is off by 12 degrees at the moment. Currently it’s evening and it’s cooling. They say it’s -4, but my thermometer reads +8. They says it’s snowing. In reality, it’s clear skies. I live in a small town, so there’s no question they’re off. I found similar inaccuracies looking at other places. A real-time web camera I check shows clear skies and this application says that it’s snowing. I’ve yet to find a satisfying application which has a nice interface with accurate weather data.
Good overall with a couple suggestions
I would like to say that this application works well. I like the graphics for the wallpaper that are chosen based on current conditions. I also like the summary wallpaper information. When pulling up the detailed weather forecast, if the text is pretty long, it scrolls off into oblivion and is not readable. I would also like to suggest that not only a current wind reading, but also a wind gust reading as well. Perhaps it would be good to show on the current conditions forecast screen the High/Low of Temp, Dew Point, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Gust, Wind Direction, Pressure and Precipitation for the day. Bruce in Sedalia, CO
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 03, 2013
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 592 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Voros Innovation & Business Services Pty Ltd
- © 2012 Voros Innovation
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor