LivingRoom for iPad - Floor Plans & Interior Design
By Planet Next
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simple, clean interior design. Right on your iPad.
“Banish interior room design headaches with this little gem...The balancing act this iPad app performs between being complex yet easy to use is its true highlight.” – AppVader
"LivingRoom is intuitive and user-friendly with its easy set of menus from which functions are selected." - Apartment Therapy
"This looks to be a terrific app for novice and pro home designers alike." – AppAdvice
• IMPORTANT NOTE: LivingRoom supports rooms of ANY shape! The canvas size setting is just to define the rough scale of your project. Rooms are defined by adding walls, floors, etc. in the appropriate shapes and sizes; that way, whatever your room looks like, you can model it in LivingRoom!
LivingRoom for iPad gives you the tools to plan and design your space — from the floor plan to laying out furniture to choosing materials. Pick from a large library of objects to place in your rooms, keep notes for each project, even add custom textures from your photo library! LivingRoom for iPad lets you see, touch, and share your design ideas.
Easy to use:
• Saves your place automatically
• Generous undo/redo
• Large built-in database of structural and design items -- furniture, appliances, lighting, bathroom & kitchen objects, and more!
• Easily move, resize, and rotate objects, add custom labels
• Add colors and textures to anything in your room
• Facebook and Twitter integration
• Email or save to your photo library
• Keep all your projects together and browse them easily in the built-in rooms gallery
• Simple to add irregular room types; just combine and rotate wall sections, doors, and windows!
Easy to customize:
• Use your own fabrics and textures
• Keep notes for each project
• Set your units of measure
• Optionally hide all furniture and only show structural components.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
* Fixed an issue where a small number of users saw their rooms shift towards the bottom right of the screen.
New in 1.7:
* Retina graphics updated for the new iPad!
* Fixed problem with info panel buttons becoming too small to tap
* Object alignment (snapping to guides and edges) is much more accurate
* Fixed disappearing item palette background color
* Saved and emailed room images are now double the previous resolution
(If you love LivingRoom for iPad, or even just like it like a friend, please leave us a rating/review! It helps lots. Now back to your regularly scheduled update.)
Love this app!
I have been thoroughly enjoying the heck out of your app since I've downloaded it to my iPad. I had been searching for something to do layouts of my living space, because I really need to get new furniture. My house is really tiny, a whopping 512 sq ft, and I've done the "measuring in the store-running home to see if it fits" routine dozens of times, and trust me, it's SO frustrating! I now have something that can take the measurements and give me a good visual on what it could look like and whether or not it will work. I've found this app to be very easy to use, helpful and quite fun. The developer is such a nice guy and was instantly responsive to my questions, which speaks volumes to the importance and priority he places on those who use his product. Thank you Matt - truly appreciate your hard work!
Great App to Take Shopping!
I tried one of the free apps and was very disappointed in trying to get my floor plan drawn up. This app was very easy to learn to use and it worked very, very well. I had a tough room, with limited size and multiple doors which made shopping for a large sofa/couch difficult. I drew up the room as it currently was, duplicated it without the furniture and took the I-Pad with me to the furniture store. When I found a piece I liked, I added it to my empty room in dimensional proportion to see how it would fit. It made shopping a breeze knowing I wouldn't get that " uh-oh..." surprise when the furniture was delivered. Well worth $4.99.
Works Great - Crash free for Me
I have not had any of the crashing issues others have indicated. I am running this on iPad Gen 1. Overall I find it a great simple way to do floor planning for any room. I am about to renovate a condo and I am using this app to figure out how to knock out the wall between two rooms. My only knock against the app is that it does not give you the option to display dimensions. You can only see them when you click on each object. So it does not create anything I could give to my Contractor to see specific measurements on walls, counters, etc. But it is a great tool for idea planning.