By Snowflake Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LivingTree is a private and secure social network for your school, community, and family. Our mission is to connect all those who raise, develop, and educate children!
App Features (all in one location!):
• Conversations – A live stream of messages and media posts from all the people helping raise our children….all in a single view! Two way conversations with automatic translation to over 40 languages, text messages, and more. Join the conversation and feel the community connect.
• Shared Calendar – A shared calendar for families, groups, and organizations with volunteer sign up and management, reminders, and notifications….no more missed calls, e-mails, paper notices…it’s all right here!
• Photo Sharing & Archiving (Memories) – Photos and fun from all the people in your children’s life (your own paparazzi)! Pin these memories (and your own) to as many of your personal mixes as you like for the ultimate experience in chronicling and cherishing the milestones, interests, and moments you never want to forget.
• Direct Messaging – All the contacts associated with your children in a single place…no more searching rosters and websites or trying to remember names; connect seamlessly with LivingTree.
LivingTree was built by parents for parents, to connect all the people who work together to raise and teach our kids in one safe place.
We believe the journey of parenting is awesome – LivingTree’s patent pending architecture uniquely builds around each child / family unit allowing groups and organizations to snap into the communication flow seamlessly and where relevant….a single point of connection for families, classes, teams, groups, and organizations.
Who should use LivingTree?
• Busy parents and caregivers who are looking for a tool to help organize, coordinate and share the most important moments of their children's lives.
• Teachers, coaches, or other youth leaders who dream of effectively engaging with their group's parents, from classroom sharing or game highlights, to parent sign-ups, schedules and volunteering.
• Organizations such as schools and leagues that desire a single platform to centralize all management and communication of schedules and updates with their staff and parent communities.
How does LivingTree help?
The LivingTree app is a companion to the web based LivingTree platform (www.livingtree.com) which delivers a single, safe place to manage, engage, and share in raising our children. Use this app to stay connected and get on the go updates.
• Managing – Spend less time coordinating. Automatic updates to shared calendars and activity awareness for everyone helping raise children…we’ll handle the notifications and reminders!
• Engaging – Raising children takes more than one person. We work to connect and create more transparency – live conversations, schedules, volunteering, conference sign-ups, snack parent duty, etc. - LivingTree creates a more aware and engaged community.
• Sharing – Special moments happen daily with young children. LivingTree offers a private, safe and easy way to share those moments, and a beautiful way to remember them forever.
What's New in Version 4.2
- Fixes additional data format/startup crash issues
- Further iOS 10 compatibility issues
Hard to find what I need & edit
I'm surprised that so many people love this app. My school is large, & I hate having to scroll through all the posts to find my son's classroom. Same with the calendar - I can see everyone's events! I've had to turn off all alerts because I get notifications from all the classrooms!
I wish the posts would cut off after a few sentences with a "read more" link cause I have to scroll through some pretty long posts. And then there's no quick way back to the top, so I have to scroll all the way up again.
I also can't edit posts, or calendar events. I have to delete and start all over again.
Lastly, I don't like that it limits me to upload only 10 photos per post. I end up having to share a link to a folder of photos. Oh, and I can't highlight text to make a link, I have to paste the whole link in my post, which looks sloppy to me.
The only features I like are the directory (& options), & accessing all the photos for each class separately.
Mom and Family CEO
I love using this app. It's fast and easy to use! And no more scrolling thru multiple emails, from multiple teachers, to find one piece of info I missed last week! TIME SAVER!
And after creating my own "family" group I use the calendar not just for school things, but for kids after school sports, play dates, appointments etc. It helps us [kids included] all plan our time better....The best part, it syncs to the family icalendar.
What would I do without you?
Love that I can collaborate by receiving and sharing photos, messages and events with the different groups and sub-groups I'm connected to! This app is easy to use and SO useful!!