LoafWallet is the first standalone Litecoin Wallet built for iOS with a focus on accessibility, security and simplicity. LoafWallet makes getting started with Litecoin easier than ever!
• Send and receive Litecoin at the touch of a button, anytime, anywhere and to anyone.
• Backup and recover your wallet on any device with the 'recovery phrase' generated by the app. Even if you lose your phone you will not lose your Litecoin.
• There aren't any hidden servers to backup or store your coins, you're in control 100%.
• A simplified codebase makes LoafWallet quick, lightweight and responsive.
• AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing and keychain and code signatures helps protect your Litecoin and keeps it safe from malware and basic security flaws.
• Connect directly to the Litecoin Network with simple payment verification - with no need to store the blockchain LoafWallet is ready when you are.
• Manage your finances in the palm of your hand and on your wrist with iPhone and Apple Watch support.
• Utilise the custom notification centre widget for even quicker access.
LoafWallet is made by Charlie Lee (creator of Litecoin and Managing Director of the Litecoin Foundation) and the global LoafWallet team.
This project is open-source, you can review the code here:
We're working to make LoafWallet better in every update. Here's what's new:
- Fixed: bug where the app would take a while to open.
- Fixed: bug where after resyncing you wallet the balance would appear to be zero (more information below).
- Fixed: incorrect references to Bitcoin/BRD instead of Litecoin/LoafWallet.
- Added: App now displays LoafWallet version and build number on startup.
- Improved: API management (less networking & disk/memory use!)
- Improved: time taking to sync/create new wallet should be halved.
- Improved: users must now verify that they have written down their paper-key on initial install.
We apologise if you experienced an issue when you recovered you wallet, and the application displayed your balance as zero Litecoin. We have now fixed this bug.
In order to recover your wallet, you should follow these instructions: Open LoafWallet > Menu > Settings > Resync the Blockchain.
If you continue to have any issues, please make sure to contact our support email address: email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more attention to detail
On the iPhone X the transaction details the fly out is slightly cut off. Also the support page within the wallet does not extend to the top and bottom portions of the screen. This needs to be fixed at some point.
Looks like the X button Buy Litecoin bug has been done away. Noticed that the wallet has been fixed and it starts up immediately without any lag.
Update robbed me and Support doesn’t answer
With the new update it expected me to have a recovery key when it never made one for me in the beginning. I have no other way of recovering my wallet and when I reached out to support for help they ignored all of my emails. I bet they are just banking off of all the crypto they have and that we will never recover. They know who had recovery keys and who didn’t. Those who didn’t will never see their money again. You’ve been warned.
Update robbed me
Lost everything with the new update. I do not have any way to recover my wallet. Was fairly new at digital currency and the creators of this app just expected everyone to know to create a key to recover their wallet. They should have never allowed an update to remove people’s wallet and their coin. I hate this app, it has cost me a lot of money.
- Litecoin Foundation Limited
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Litecoin Foundation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.