LoafWallet - Litecoin Wallet
By Charlie Lee
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LoafWallet is the first standalone Litecoin Wallet built for iOS with a focus on accessibility, security and simplicity. LoafWallet makes getting started with Litecoin easier than ever!
• Send and receive Litecoin at the touch of a button, anytime, anywhere and to anyone.
• Backup and recover your wallet on any device with the 'recovery phrase' generated by the app. Even if you lose your phone you will not lose your Litecoin.
• There aren't any hidden servers to backup or store your coins, you're in control 100%.
• A simplified codebase makes LoafWallet quick, lightweight and responsive.
• AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing and keychain and code signatures helps protect your Litecoin and keeps it safe from malware and basic security flaws.
• Connect directly to the Litecoin Network with simple payment verification - with no need to store the blockchain LoafWallet is ready when you are.
• Manage your finances in the palm of your hand and on your wrist with iPhone and Apple Watch support.
• Utilise the custom notification centre widget for even quicker access.
This project is open-source, you can review the code here:
If you discover any issues, please use the support email found within the application.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Fixes bugs where balance is missing.
Fixes bug where app crashes on startup (on older devices).
More fixes from app crashes will be released in future updates.
If crashes continue, please make sure to clean install the application.
Follow us on @LTCFoundation and @l0sh11 on Twitter for more information and support.
Not crashing now
I wrote the below review, and then the app was upgraded, and now the app is not crash on load, so I will upgrade to 4 stars for now.
I'm on an iPhone 6s, running iOS 10.3.3.
When I launch it from the home screen, the launch screen appears for about one second as though it's going to loud, and then text me back to the home screen.
If I double-click the iPhone's Home button, I can see that the app, apparently running in the background running, as though I can switch to it. If I do, the same thing happens. For about one second it looks like it might come up, and then it kicks me to the home screen.
I'm going to uninstall and reinstall, but this is still unacceptable. If I were out in the real world, and I had to uninstall and reinstall, I wouldn't be able to use the app without going home and entering my private key.
Edit: I'm not sure how, but after uninstalling and reinstalling, the app still remembered who I was, so I guess one can restore it, even out in the field.
Old version was still better, visually
Keep it simple. Can you offer an "old skin" look that keeps it simple? Who needs gradients, really?
Functionally, I want to tune the Touch ID spending limit however I want. Just give me a spinner that lets me set the threshold, either in USD or Litecoin, not four different orders of magnitude. That's not as useful, and takes up more screen real estate.
Crashes after upgrade to iOS 11
Great app, however I am now having an issue where the app crashes upon loading each time I try to use it. I have to delete the app and reinstall each time I want to use it. It only happens when I power off the phone or my battery dies, so I try to keep it on, but this needs to be addressed ASAP.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 38.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Charlie Lee
- © 2017 Litecoin Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.