Lobster Diver HD
By Learning Games Lab, NM State University
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Throw on your diving helmet, and head into the depths of the sea! Dive off the coast of Maine for lobster traps - you might even snatch the elusive blue lobster. But watch out for that pesky electric eel!
* Ideal for middle school and upper elementary students, grades 3-8.
* Addresses number and operations standards established by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), including:
=> Understand numbers, ways of representing numbers, and number systems.
=> Understand and represent commonly used fractions.
=> Understand fractions as part of unit wholes and as locations on number lines.
=> Compare and order fractions, and find their approximate locations on the number line.
* Developed as part of the "Math Snacks" initiative and Maine Cooperative Extension. Other free animations, activities, and games are available through the Math Snacks web site at http://mathsnacks.org.
* Developed by mathematics educators, researchers, and game developers at the Learning Games Lab at New Mexico State University. Games developed by the Learning Games Lab undergo a rigorous instructional design process, extensive user testing, and input from learners, teachers, and researchers. For more information about the NMSU Learning Games Lab, visit http://learninggameslab.org.
Pearl Diver was developed in part under a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Education. However, this does not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Funded in part by U.S. Department of Education: Award Number U295A050004.
What's New in Version 2.3
Removed OpenFeint support, since the service is shutting down.
I don't think that you needed the eels at all. They get really annoying
Eels are cool make more challenging
this game is a game Klinkie123 approves of
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 04, 2012
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: New Mexico State University Board of Regents
- © 2010 NMSU Board of Regents
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.