By Magellan Press Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A Recommended Travel and Dining App by:
The New York Times
Travel + Leisure
Macworld: **** (4 mice)
“A tool that can remind me where to find great crab cakes and help me avoid another bland meal at an interchangeable chain restaurant? Yeah, that’s earned a place on my iPhone.”
CNet: **** (4 stars, editor review)
“If you're truly looking for a unique dining experience in a U.S. metropolitan area, you'd do well to try LocalEats.”
LocalEats is an authoritative dining guide based on a formula that works. We’ll point you to the best steak houses, the best sushi spots, and the best burger joints, plus all the other “bests,” all over the country. We do not list every restaurant – we prefer to list ONLY the best restaurants, chosen by our editorial and research staff.
The team at LocalEats considers ratings from magazines, newspapers, and dining sites along with suggestions from locals, top food bloggers, and their own personal dining experiences to pick and choose the restaurants travelers should know about. The result is the best curated lists containing the best restaurants, including the best offbeat local finds, wherever you are in the U.S.
In the largest American cities we've named Top 10 Winners, Category Winners, and hundreds of other local favorites. Filter restaurants by cuisine, neighborhood, features, price range and hours.
• LocalEats features the best independently owned restaurants across the U.S.
• Top 10 Winners & Category Winners in the largest 51 American cities.
• A selection of great restaurants in 50 international cities.
• NO NATIONAL CHAIN RESTAURANTS — Local places only!
• Quickly see what's “near me” via GPS and customize your own search radius
• Find restaurants near a particular address, city or even landmarks.
• Make reservations quickly
• Book a taxi instantly
• Filter restaurants by Top 10, Category Winners, All Picks, Cuisine, Neighborhood, Feature, Savings, Price
Range, Hours, Bar Information, Patio Seating, Vegetarian Friendly, and more.
• Driving directions
• Integrated mapping (view results via list or map with pop-up dialogue)
• Detailed descriptions
• Save your "Favorite" restaurants and cities
• Share your favorite restaurants with friends
NOTE TO IPOD TOUCH USERS: Because iPods are not GPS enabled, "near me" searches will not work unless you are using WiFi. Also in some remote areas, your position still may not be found even with WiFi. Instead, you may search for restaurants near you by turning off "Use Current Location" and searching by zip code or city.
Please note: coverage outside the following metro areas may be limited:
Hong Kong, People's Republic of China
London, United Kingdom
Salt Lake City-Ogden
Vancouver, British Columbia
What's New in Version 4.6.1
Updated screenshots and metadata.
Too many glitches
I regret getting this app
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Mar 15, 2016
- Version: 4.6.1
- Size: 31.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Magellan Press Inc.
- © 2016 LocalEats. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.