By LocalSpin LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fed up with unreliable review websites and apps that give you advice from people you don’t know? Tired of advertising dollars clouding your search results?
LocalSpin is different, relying on your friends for the best local information:
* Share recommendations for restaurants, bars and coffee shops directly with your Facebook friends
* Looking for inspiration? See your friends’ favorite places in one easy to find list
* Quickly write a recommendation and tell your friends about a place you have just tried
* Store your favorites to remind you of places you want to try or places you should revisit
* Ability to search places closest to you, or sort by only places friends have recommended
* News feed of recent recommendations from friends to give you ideas of new places you may not have otherwise heard about or thought to try
* A fun way to compete with your friends on who is the biggest foodie, with our Foodie Score™. Computed by calculating your relevance to the LocalSpin community and your social media reach
At LocalSpin, we try to live by a few core beliefs:
1. No more reviews from strangers (Good friends recommend™) - At LocalSpin, we strive to foster a community where friends can recommend their favorite restaurants, bars and coffee shops. On many other restaurant review services, it’s often impossible to know who is writing what, and what their motive for posting is. Any stranger can write a fictitious review of a restaurant. At LocalSpin, we don’t let strangers tell us where to eat.
2. Throw 5 stars out the window - You either recommend it, or you don't. At LocalSpin, we want to do less counting and more eating. With LocalSpin, there is no gray area. When it comes to food, you either recommend it or you don't. You can also add quick context to your recommendation by saying what that place is good for - for example breakfast, lunch, dinner, kids, take out or date night.
3. Everything you need to know in up to 140 characters - At LocalSpin, we're big believers in making life easier. It only takes up to 140 characters to express an opinion. LocalSpin's members keep it short and sweet.
4. Foodie Score™ helps prioritize information - LocalSpin’s Foodie Score is a unique and fun way to measure just how big of a foodie you and your friends are. Your Foodie Score™ is calculated using our own algorithm, based on a combination of your LocalSpin usage and your social media reach. Use the Foodie Scores of friends and everyone else around you to determine with even better accuracy the places you should try next.
5. Mobile first, not an after-thought - Many other services started off as websites and added a mobile app or mobile website at a later date. We believe the way they gather and deliver content for mobile users can be made better. LocalSpin started out as a mobile app and as a result, we started with a blank sheet of paper - so we could design the very best and easiest to use mobile app.
7. We don’t do advertising (no conflicts) - Some review sites make their money through advertising for the same local businesses that are being reviewed. That could compromise the integrity of the information you are getting as users - i.e. the first business you see on competitor websites could be one that pays for advertising space and is not necessarily the best. LocalSpin is different. We don’t do advertising, so we can focus on giving you access to the best local recommendations.
What's New in Version 2.1
Updated for iPhone 5