Lock & Alert puts you in charge of who can access your Equifax credit report, with certain exceptions.¹ Quickly and easily lock and unlock your Equifax credit report with a click or swipe, and we'll alert you to confirm its status.
• Lock & Alert is free for U.S. consumers — for life.
• Lock your Equifax credit report to help better protect against identity theft.
• Applying for credit? Click or swipe to unlock. Then lock it again.
• We'll alert you each time your Equifax credit report is locked or unlocked.
• If you have a security freeze on your Equifax credit report, you can use Lock & Alert to remove the freeze and lock your Equifax credit report. It's free to remove your freeze and replace it with a lock in Lock & Alert.
• Having trouble or need a quick answer? Get support and find answers to frequently asked questions.
• Sign in to the Lock & Alert app using Touch ID®, or enter your user name and password.
Note: You cannot use a TrustedID™ Premier or other existing Equifax user name and password to sign in to Lock & Alert. If you're using Lock & Alert for the first time, please choose Sign up.
¹ Locking your Equifax credit file will prevent access to it by certain third parties. Locking your Equifax credit file will not prevent access to your credit file at any other credit reporting agency. Entities that may still have access to your Equifax credit file include: companies like Equifax Global Consumer Solutions which provide you with access to your credit report or credit score, or monitor your credit file; federal, state, and local government agencies; companies reviewing your application for employment; companies that have a current account or relationship with you, and collection agencies acting on behalf of those whom you owe; for fraud detection purposes; and companies that wish to make pre-approved offers of credit or insurance to you. To opt out of such pre-approved offers, visit www.optoutprescreen.com.
This update addresses bugs and improves performance based on user feedback. Thanks for using Lock & Alert!
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic. Thank you for stepping up and creating this FREE ability to lock and unlock using this App. Transunion was the only FREE option but now Equifax has joined in the revolution allowing consumers direct control over their data. Now we need to pressure Experian to do the same. Experian charges a monthly fee for this feature.
Losing faith in Equifax
I have been a long time customer of Equifax and I have to say after the security breach and now a change in their app that does seem to work with existing accounts I am losing faith. Are you guys intentionally trying to lose customers? Come on guys if you close an app and roll out a new one at least preserve the log in credentials. I am afraid to fill out the data you have requested because I don’t trust that the info is secure. Please get your act together soon or I am going to life lock.
Easy to use and works very well.
It’s easy to use application. Got the text message and email after locking/unlocking the credit report. Now I have the control of my credit report.
Thanks Equifax for stepping up and providing locking and unlocking power to credit report owner.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.