By GEE! Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LockBox Pro lets you store and protect sensitive info such as credit card numbers, bank accounts, passwords, pin numbers, private notes, and any other secret information on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
NEW Version v1.2 fixes a bug that sometimes causes imports to fail or only import partial data. Thanks to everyone who reported this and helped us fix it!!
NEW Version 1.1 allows you to:
- NEW! Import Bulk Data from your computer into LockBox Pro. Saves lots of typing on your device!
- NEW! Export/Backup data to your computer over a WiFi connection! Remember to do this regularly!
- NO Ads!
Use it to keep information handy and also protected at the same time.
New Pro Edition Features:
(not found in the free version)
* Import Data - create a file on your computer and import it into LockBox Pro via Wifi. Saves you lots of typing on the device.
* Stronger Security - data is secured via Apple's Keychain which utilizes 3DES encryption for high security.
* More Flexible - you can add as many fields as you like to each entry. (the free version is fixed at 2 fields per entry)
* No Ads
Existing free version users... you can now upgrade easily while keeping your data! Just export your data first using the free version and then import it into LockBox Pro via the WiFi import feature.
* import/export via WiFi
* Sound effects can now be turned off! :-)
* The app exits correctly when you lock your iPhone with the top button.
* You can now easily rearrange and delete items in your list. (and they stay rearranged)
* Your data is backed up via the regular iTunes backup, but be sure to use the new export feature as data is sometimes saved incorrectly in iTunes. iTunes also does not allow you to change devices... your data will be lost if you don't back it up using the new WiFi export method.
(all bug fixes are available in the free version as well... however the new advanced features are not)
All data is encrypted and protected by your secret code, so only you have access to it, even if you let your friends borrow your phone to make a call or browse online.
This is the kind of information that you want easy access to while you are on the go, but find it hard to recall just when you need it. For example, I always forget my bank account number right when I need to deposit a check at the bank.
Not sure if you need this?
Try the FREE version first... it's called LockBox (not Pro) :-)
Go Pro for a low price for a limited time!
IMPORTANT BACKUP INFORMATION:
Remember to sync and do a backup of your data through the LockBox app before updating to newer versions! You never know what might happen to your phone in the middle of a sync :-) Also, the iTunes backup is not enough in some cases especially when you have to replace your phone or reset it, so make sure you use the WiFi backup method to protect your data. Its the only way to make sure your data is safe when doing a sync or restore for your device.
What's New in Version 1.3
fix issue with exporting and importing with iOS 5.0
Could be better
I have been using LockBox pro since my first gen iTouch and not much has changed. When other apps have made changes to take advantage of being able to files and data from itunes I of course thought lockbox would take advantage of this feature but it has not. Using the web browser is slow and sometimes just doesn't work and also not as safe as using itunes. It would also be nice if the exported data was encrypted, after all the program is called lock box and contains data that you don't want other to have access to, so keeping an unencrypted version on you laptop or desktop does not make sense. Like others have stated it would be nice to have a search feature and be able to change icons and have custom categories. This was one of the first and best password programs on itunes, it is really ashame that it hasn't advance with features and kept up with the changes in iTunes and iOS version.
Works for me!
For years now since I've had this app the ONLY issue I had was that anytime I got a new iPhone and opened the app all of my data was gone AND it never allowed me to get to the export/import screen on the web browser. I had to write down all the info before switching phones and THEN type ALL of the data back into the new phone (HATED that, lol). But NOW for the FIRST TIME EVER when upgrading to my iPhone 5 I was able to get the export/import screen on the web browser. Tried both exporting and importing and they worked although I guess switching from one phone to another will still lose my data as I've read. The GOOD thing is that all I have to do is import the data that I previously exported. So basically YES it works, lol.
Works just fine, could be improved
I find the app works just fine for my needs. It could be improved though. My suggestions would be:
1. add a search feature. If people really were to use this app properly they would have hundreds of passwords and data inside lockbox. You need an easy way to find the data, instead of scrolling through 20+ pages manually.
2. Make it possible to customize your own categories. The preselected categories are not bad, but everyone using this app has data and things that fall outside of those and simply putting all of it in "other" is weak. Selecting other icons would also be a great additional feature.
After all this is the "pro" version, so it should be professional, right?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 02, 2011
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gee Chuang
- © 2010 GEE! Technologies LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.