Reading Steps For Kids
By Sergey Rozovik
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Reading Steps is a set of excellent teaching tools to help students learn read English. Application contains activities designed to focus on critical reading skills and concepts that meet the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts.
The two main methods of learning to read English are by means of word recognition and phonics. This application combines both. Sight words (or Dolch Words) card sets help you to learning via word recognition's method.
Phonics allows learners to build and apply an understanding of the patterns of sounds that letters represent, enabling them to develop the ability to read new words for themselves. Application contains wide range of tools for the phonics learning united in the five themes:
- Theme Alphabet contains two sets of cards and five exercises (Beginning Sounds, Find The Letter, Audio Quiz, Word Quiz, Picture Quiz);
- Theme Consonants contains set of CVC cards and five exercises, (Fill The Word, Letters Wheel, Audio Quiz, Word Quiz, Picture Quiz);
- Theme Short Vowels contains set of single syllables cards and five exercises (Fill The Word, Letters Wheel, Audio Quiz, Word Quiz, Picture Quiz);
- Theme Long Vowels contains set of cards and five exercises (Fill The Word, Short-Long Vowel, Audio Quiz, Word Quiz, Picture Quiz);
- Theme Digraphs And Blend Phonemes contains two set of cards and five exercises.
Each card includes a high-quality photo, text and pronunciation. You can also personalize any card and record your own voice.
Reading Steps application covers the full scope of reading education and is accessible to young and very young learners with a wide range of engaging practice activities for learning reinforcement. It will not only be very useful to individual learners but also for schools and language training centers.
What's New in Version 1.3
adaptation for iOS 8.4
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 115 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Sergey Rozovik
- © DSDLab
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.