Logic Pro X
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• An enhanced Mixer lets you move, copy, and bypass channel inserts more efficiently
• Quickly re-order song sections and try new ideas using Arrangement Markers
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
• 64-bit architecture supports large projects containing hundreds of tracks and sampled instruments
Professional Music Production
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Automation can be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create and edit MIDI using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a diverse collection of deeply sampled, professionally mixed snares, toms, kicks, hi-hats, and cymbals
• Customize the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Create classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer tracks using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 4600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.9.5 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 45GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 10.2
• Introducing Alchemy - the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
- Next generation synthesizer plug-in with multiple sound generators including; additive, spectral, formant, granular, sampler, and virtual analog
- Over 3,000 presets for all types of electronic music including electronic dance, hip hop, rock, and sound for picture
- Integrated keyword preset browser for finding the right sounds quickly
- Performance controls like the Transform Pad make it easy to explore and reshape sounds
- Combine up to four synth modules to create complex multi-layered sounds
- Virtual analog oscillators produce authentic recreations of iconic synth sounds
- Wide selection of modeled analog and special effect filters for producing sounds with vintage character and tonal complexity
- Create animated, dynamic instruments using over 100 modulation sources that include flexible LFOs, AHDSR and MSEG envelopes, and step sequencers
- Manipulate and combine samples in new ways using a collection of morphing and resynthesis tools
- Import EXS24 instruments or create your own using a robust set of sampler features
- Apply independent arpeggiators to each of the 4 sound sources to transform simple chords into elaborate performances
- Integrated effects rack with reverb, modulation, delay, compression, and a range of distortion effects
• New tabbed Transform Pad and X/Y Pad Smart Controls for Alchemy instruments
• Share directly to Apple Music Connect (requires Apple Music Connect account)
• Adds support for Force Touch trackpad
• Create custom track icons with your own image files
• 1,000 new Apple Loops from a variety of popular instruments and genres including EDM, Hip Hop, Indie, Disco, Funk, and Blues
• Expanded MIDI clock options improve sync compatibility with external MIDI devices
• Multiple additional enhancement and stability improvements
A Great Value, But Instruments Including Alchemy are NOT Retina Optimized
For $200, Logic Pro X is a fantastic value, including downloadable Apple Loops, included instruments and effects… everything one needs to create music or score.
The interface has it’s learning curve, but the documentation is complete. After a couple months, anyone should be able to navigate smoothly and create a workflow or themselves.
The free Logic Remote for iPad app is convenient, but has some bugs, namely connection issues; the app doesn’t always show what’s happening in Logic, regarding VU meters and changed perameters. Restarting the app usually resolves this. Ideally, Apple will impliment a connection via USB cable. Until that time, the Logic Remote app cannot be deemed ‘professional’ in practice.
Though Logic Pro X would seem to be an obvious choice for Mac users, a big surprise is that many of the instruments have yet to be updated for the Retina displays. The result is some perameters being almost illegible. Some other DAWs, namely Ableton Live, have updated thier GUI for the Retina displays. Should it be a deciding factor for a new purchase? Absolutely. Does it diminish the value of Logic Pro X, as to make a potential customer choose another DAW? I don’t think so; The overall value of Logic Pro X, at $200, is much more than anyone else is offering (student discounted software deals aside).
You’re so close!
The recent update to 10.2 has been great. It’s added some great functionality; however, it has created a few problems in my case. In many professional softwares, you can hold shift when you are dragging something and it keeps it in the horrizontal or virtical plane depending on where your are dragging it. This is great for when you’re dragging a region to a new track and don’t feel like spending the extra time trying to move it to the exact same starting point. Thankfully, this feature still works, but in this recent update, they have taken this feature away from the piano roll. So now I have to meticulously drag and line it up the notes on the timeline before I release the mouse. Please readd this feature back, I honestly can’t think of a reason why it was taken away.
Flex pitch still has a lot of artifacts, so I’m sticking with melodyne. Other than those problems, this has been the best version of Logic to date.
Honestly, this is such a fantastic and versatile method to writing any sort of music. From metal, pop, symphony, cinematic, electronic, etc. I love it and because it’s Apple, its extremely user freindly. Whether you are a master at editing or just starting out, there is an "advanced options” options to really go in-depth with all of the features Logic Pro X has to offer. If you are looking for any sort of music program, this is it. I have tried various other programs and by far, this is my favorite. I wish it had more options for the orchestral and symphonic options according to the stringed instruments and having that ability to have that feel of it being a true cello or a true viola and have an easy vibrato. All around it is the best $200 I have spent and I can spend 8 hours on it and there is endless possibility for whatever music you wish to create.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 25, 2015
- Version: 10.2
- Size: 1.21 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor