Logic Pro X
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• An enhanced Mixer lets you move, copy and bypass channel inserts more efficiently
• Quickly re-order song sections and try new ideas using Arrangement Markers
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
• 64-bit architecture supports large projects containing hundreds of tracks and sampled instruments
Professional Music Production
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes organized with take folders, and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Automation can be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create and edit MIDI using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose between 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a diverse collection of deeply sampled, professionally mixed snares, toms, kicks, hi-hats and cymbals
• Customize the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM and physical modelling synthesis
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Create classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer tracks using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano and Vintage Clav
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a variety of EQs, dynamics and other mixing tools
• Put the finishing touch on your project using a collection of mastering plug-ins
• Over 1,800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 3,600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280x768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.9.5 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 35GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 10.1.1
• Pre-fader sends are no longer affected by VCA Faders
• VoiceOver can once again access audio channels as well as the track header volume and pan controls
• The Brush Tool no longer gets stuck in fixed pitch mode when selected after using the Pencil Tool
• Resolves an issue that could cause the Download Manager to appear empty
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Push record instead of stop, loose everything.
I set up my laptop with Logic and recorded an hour and a half live performance to 16 tracks. When the engineer went to stop the recording the mouse was still hovering over the record button. The engineer touched the track pad of the laptop a little too hard and this caused the mouse to click the record button again. If you do this, Logic will wipe out your whole recording and start over again from the beginning of the timeline. No pop-up warning, no ability to undo, nothing. Just an hour and a half of music dissappearing into oblivion with a single accidental mouse click. I don't recall ever setting a preference that allowed this or getting any messages ever. It took me completely by surprise. How any professional recording software could allow this is completely beyond me. I have had good luck with Logic X up to now and I really enjoyed it for the most part. This event, however, has really left me angry. Why would anyone want this feature?
EXS24 is broken and has been since Logic 9
If you have EXS instruments created in a Logic version prior to L9 - there is a problem for the EXS to find the samples. Unlike all Logic versions before 9, there is no option to manually show the EXS where to look for the samples. If you are lucky enough to have the original old hard drive you created the samples on, and you are able to somehow connect it to your Mac - it will work. But copy the folder of samples to your new drive(s) and it stops working. Better hope your old drive doens’t die. Appe engineering is aware of the problem - they just don’t care. This doesn’t matter if you are a relative new user of Logic - but for us old-timers ( I have been in Logic since vers 3) it is a huge problem. As it is known, that Apple bought up Redmatica, who produced the program, that would fix this (EXS Manager) - it is a mystery that functionality hasn’t been made available at least, if they don’t want to fix Spotlight ( which is the underlying problem). Shame on you Apple for messing up Emagic’s great product.
My Fav DAW out of the 3 i own
With Logic’s recent update to the piano roll it’s now my favorite. Smart Controls are more powerful than Ableton Live’s “Macros”. If you need a professional DAW from my experience Logic is a steal. I own Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 Suite, and Studio One 2. I don’t own Cubase but i use it regularly as well when working with a friend. Out of the 3 I use Logic the most right now as of the LPX 10.1 update. Logic has progressed leaps and bounds since version 9. I do wish they’d upgrade their standard synths and samplers like EXS24, Ultrabeat, ES2, etc…..as well as change the way LPX handles reversing and playing a audio file backwards. Right now its a destructive process.
All DAW’s have their quirks though….and i do mean ALL of them. That aside…..i’m happy enough with LPX right now that it’s not a urgent matter.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 10.1.1
- Size: 1.05 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor