Logic Pro X
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated new tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Powerful New Interface
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• An enhanced Mixer lets you move, copy, and bypass channel inserts more efficiently
• Quickly re-order song sections and try new ideas using Arrangement Markers
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
• See and edit more of your performances in the Score editor with a new wrapped view
Professional Music Production
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Record automation for any channel strip or plug-in parameter on the fly
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad
• 64-bit architecture supports large projects containing hundreds of tracks and sampled instruments
• Create drum tracks that play with your song using Drummer, a virtual session player
• Choose among 15 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own kit with Drum Kit Designer using a diverse collection of deeply sampled, professionally mixed snares, toms, kicks, hi-hats, and cymbals
• Produce electronic drum sequences with Ultrabeat
Keyboards and Synths
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Create classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer tracks using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
• Get inspired by a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, and physical modeling synthesis
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a variety of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
• Put the finishing touch on your project using a collection of mastering plug-ins
• Over 1500 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 800 sampled instruments
• 30 urban and electronic drum machine Patches
• 3600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
4GB of RAM
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.8.4 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
Minimum 5GB of disk space. 35GB of optional content available via in-app download.
What's New in Version 10.0.6
• Fixes an issue that caused the audio input to be unavailable with some third party audio interfaces
Been on Logic since version 3 and loving X
I’ve been using logic as a DAW since version 3 (yikes!) and I have to say that I absolutely love this upgrade overall. Aside from everything magically sounding better overall, there’s obviously been a lot of thought put into simplifying tedious tasks in workflow. Unlike Final Cut Pro X which was a major departure from its previous version (which I think is also a fantastic app), this upgrade and placement of everything is mostly familiar for someone like myself who’s migrating from Logic 9. But after diggin deep into the changes in the app, there are a lot of nice subtle additions that make my overall worflow smoother and faster. That’s aside from the app being very aesthetically pleaseing and making Logic 9 look even more outdated than it already had before X was released.
Sure, it’s a bummer to lose some of my 32bit plugins. But that was inevitable and 64bit makes for a very powerful app, even without many additional plugins.
As someone who’s been using both logic and final cut since their early stages, and becoming increasingly worried that apple wouldn’t keep up with their pro side since the mobile side took off so well, I’m comfortably reassured by both logic and final cut X that apple hasn’t forgotten about the pros and making these apps better and more powerful, while also making them more user friendly.
UPDATE - ISSUES RESOLVED Very Disappointed with Audio Problems
UPDATE TO REVIEW BELOW:
Audio issues are now resolved with the new version (10.0.6). Thanks to Apple for getting this resolved rather quickly. I’ve revised my rating from 1 star to 5. Other than the issue below, this is outstanding software. Don’t be fooled by the “Garageband” looks - there is a ton of depth and versatility here. I use Logic in combination with Reason and the two get along very well. Don’t hesitate to purchase this.
Original review (no longer relevant):
I use a Samson audio interface, and apparently it has the same issue as the M-Audio stuff - it’s recognized as an output, but not an audio input. I finally have a few days off and purchased Logic X, but this is extremely disappointing as it’s completely unusable. Wish I could get my money back. This App Store system is very frustrating in that you cannot demo the software before you make the purchase. Reason, Live, etc all have demo versions. I hope to revise this up to a 5 star review once these audio issues are worked out, but I fear it will be a while.
I like it a LOT so far.
Finally, I was able to download Logic Pro X. It is awesome. I can’t stand the fact that Garageband, in the more recent updates, was trashed to push people in another direction. It’s just terrible that it all worked out like that. Garageband is officially dead thanks to Apple. Moving on; I will just post with bullet points.
-USB MIDI not working. Logic reads it but no audio. I’ve searched and trouble shooted with no success.
-The dock icon for Logic Pro X is hideous.
-So far, I like the drum options and newer sounds. I think Apple can do better at expanding their drums and bass sounds. Not a huge difference from the previous.
-The GUI is nice. Unfortunately, I doubt we will see much inprovement in this area though work is needed to freshen it up a bit…but it’s nice. 3 stars..
-The only area of my review that changes to 4 stars is that which makes the GUI look more like iPad and Garageband. I am notorious for starting a song in GB on iPad Air and dumping to my early 2011 MBP. Then, opening with Logic Pro X was seamless and extremely easy. This should be the case however. No points for that. Just doing their job.
-I will update as necessary
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 09, 2014
- Version: 10.0.6
- Size: 828 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.4 or later, 64-bit processor