Logic Pro X
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• An enhanced Mixer lets you move, copy and bypass channel inserts more efficiently
• Quickly re-order song sections and try new ideas using Arrangement Markers
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
• 64-bit architecture supports large projects containing hundreds of tracks and sampled instruments
Professional Music Production
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes organized with take folders, and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Automation can be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create and edit MIDI using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose between 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a diverse collection of deeply sampled, professionally mixed snares, toms, kicks, hi-hats and cymbals
• Customize the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM and physical modelling synthesis
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Create classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer tracks using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano and Vintage Clav
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a variety of EQs, dynamics and other mixing tools
• Put the finishing touch on your project using a collection of mastering plug-ins
• Over 1,800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 3,600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280x768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.9.5 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 35GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 10.1.1
• Pre-fader sends are no longer affected by VCA Faders
• VoiceOver can once again access audio channels as well as the track header volume and pan controls
• The Brush Tool no longer gets stuck in fixed pitch mode when selected after using the Pencil Tool
• Resolves an issue that could cause the Download Manager to appear empty
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Crashes and ghost note feature ideas
The software is really good and all that but I wish there was an update that could make Logic Pro X not crash all the time, I have an all new MacBook Pro with retina display and it still keeps crashing even if I don’t have a lot of tracks. In a side note, I would really appreciate an update of a “ghost note” function on the piano roll like how FL Studio does it; it would help me so much in putting scales/notes on the piano roll and ghost note it and then knowing where to put the notes on the piano roll without playing the ghost noted scales, and visually see the ghost notes, without playing the scale/notes. it’s hard to explain. But it’s a good feature that FL Studio has and I would love to see it coming on Logic Pro X, thank you!
Best simple to use
I have 4 different DAW in my Macbook Pro Retina 15inch and Logic is the best DAW…
I have Pro Tools 11, Ableton, Maschine Software, and Logic to create my mixed and MIDI tracks…
Obviously Maschine was the best before and saved my time much more than other DAW…
Once they update and released 10.1.1, it changed everything.
I have iPad and it can do anything perfectly as what maschine is doing… same process and save my time to create other MIDI tracks.
Also it is easy to do tracking and create audio tracks. Much faster than Pro Tools 11.
I will use it until they get major change with Logic!
My Favorite App of All Time
I graduated from Garageband to this app years ago. Even tried FL Studio, and Ableton but I could never do well with those apps. For my tastes, Logic Pro X is the best DAW I can use, and it fuels one of my most heart-felt passion, making music. You guys did a great job with the recent updates!
- UI update to all the outdated looking plugins
- updated EXS24
- updated Ultrabeat Drum Sampler
- ID3 tagging on .Wav or .AIFF files on bounce
Either way, magnificent app and thanks again for all the work you put into it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 10.1.1
- Size: 1.05 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor