Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Logic Remote is a companion app for Logic Pro X on the Mac. It provides an innovative way to extend the creative power of Logic by using your iPad. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch on iPad, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments in Logic Pro X from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad or iPhone* into a keyboard, mixer, or transport control, and your iPad into a drum pad or guitar fretboard.
Play Logic Instruments
• Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to any Logic project marker
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Enable and change automation modes for each fader
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to shape the tone of your tracks with Visual EQ
• Plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters
*iPhone version is limited to use with Logic Pro X and GarageBand for transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, access to key commands, and playing piano keyboard with optional scale modes.
Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
Support requires Logic Pro X v10.3, MainStage v3.3, GarageBand v10.1.5 or later
What's New in Version 1.3.2
• Restores the option to connect your iOS device using a computer-to-computer Wi-Fi network created on your Mac*
• Adds the ability to use a Lightning to USB Cable for wired connection to your Mac**
• Numerous additional stability improvements and bug fixes
*Requires macOS 10.12.4 and iOS 10.3 or later
**Requires macOS 10.12.4, iTunes 12.6, and iOS 10.3 or later
Everybody keeps complaining that Apple needs to add USB support, but if they read the very short description for the update, it says that they did, indeed, add USB support, but that you need to update both your MacBook and your iPad to the latest versions of each.
1 star to 5 star in a single update
I take it all back! have edited my review. Apple you have done exactly what I asked!!! You have made this app function, really well too!!!
Missing key command bug?
When I try to edit the key commands it is blank and there's no key commands to choose from, and the search feature doesn't show any either.
Other than that and a desire for USB connectivity I love this app… Please fix
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 27, 2017
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 468 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.