This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Logic Remote is a companion app for Logic Pro X on the Mac. It provides an innovative way to extend the creative power of Logic by using your iPad. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch on iPad, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments in Logic Pro X from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad or iPhone* into a keyboard, mixer, or transport control, and your iPad into a drum pad or guitar fretboard.
Play Logic Instruments
• Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to any Logic project marker
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Enable and change automation modes for each fader
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to shape the tone of your tracks with Visual EQ
• Plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters
*iPhone version is limited to use with Logic Pro X and GarageBand for transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, access to key commands, and playing piano keyboard with optional scale modes.
Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
Support requires Logic Pro X v10.3, MainStage v3.3, GarageBand v10.1.5 or later
What's New in Version 1.3.2
• Restores the option to connect your iOS device using a computer-to-computer Wi-Fi network created on your Mac*
• Adds the ability to use a Lightning to USB Cable for wired connection to your Mac**
• Numerous additional stability improvements and bug fixes
*Requires macOS 10.12.4 and iOS 10.3 or later
**Requires macOS 10.12.4, iTunes 12.6, and iOS 10.3 or later
I like it but....
So let me start with, when I first downloaded the app I was running on OS 10.9. The controller worked great! I could mix from different positions, which was awesome! Then, me wanting to stay with the latest technology, kept up with the updates to find out this app would no longer support my OS and I had to upgrade my OS to continue to use it.
That's BS! I say that because I use 2 DAWs, Pro Tools 10 and Logic X. If I update my OS, I can no longer use PT 10. I know this is a free app, and I'm not upgrading my OS for something so minute of a luxury. It's unfortunate because I liked the app so much. Why can't this software be backwards compatible? Or give me the option to download the previous versions before the OS requirement. Or make a controller for the older OS systems?
Was psyched to learn that Apple created an app which I could use to enter midi data for a GarageBand project in a Music Applications course. It's true this can be done but listening to the metronome on GB and tapping anything musical on the iPad left drastic timing issues which need to be hand corrected one at a time.
The point of the course is to get you aware of features you may not have used otherwise so perhaps this is a learning curve. But I suspect it's the Bluetooth connection that has the delay in receiving the midi data in sync with the songs metronome. Would it be better to export the metronome sound to the iPad so I'm tapping in sync with the device instead of the DAW?
I don't know, but I see why direct connection has its strengths. If anyone reads this knows a solution let me know. Otherwise I see it as a disappointing app.
I left three stars because I see this app has other features that I may appreciate outside of this midi project.
Great for Remote Mixing
I use this primarily do check and fine-tune mixes on my living room system (studio running Logic is downstairs). Using Logic Remote for this is a huge timesaver. The only things missing for my needs are 1) a way to view and edit individual track automation, 2) the ability to turn Group (clutch) off and on.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 27, 2017
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 468 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.