By The Zonie, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Logo Draw uses aspects of the Logo Programming Language to introduce users to the fundamental concepts of software programming, computer graphics, geometry, and logical thinking.
- The Programs List is on the left, and the Drawing Area is on the right.
- The green triangle in the center of the Drawing Area is the Turtle. The turtle is what does all of the drawing for you. Tell the turtle where to go, and he will draw a line behind him.
- Tap the Drawing Area to toggle full screen mode.
- Tap the Camera Roll icon to save your drawings to your iPad's Photos for later viewing or sharing with others.
- Tap the Print icon to print out your drawings directly from your iPad to any AirPrint-enabled printer on your network.
* Please visit http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/airprint.html for more information on AirPrint.
Visit http://thezonie.com/logodraw/ for more information and a video demonstration.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Bug fixes.
Logo is not just turtle graphics
While it's nice to see people starting to develop programming for iOS, this is just not what I would expect. There are a handful of drawing commands and one--count it one--flow of control command, the repeat statement.
Logo is a beautiful language, capable of doing pretty much anything. It was, after all, a replacement for LISP without all the parenthesis. Turtle graphics was added to allow easy interaction with graphics, and was not really the underlying point of the language, which was intended to teach programming concepts.
The interface is almost good, but using a table for the command list spoils it. Really? Can't we have an editable text view?
This is a cute demo of things to come, but not a real programming environment. Get the free version to play with for a few minutes, but skip this if you want to teach your kid (or yourself) to program.
The app Logo Draw is NOT a good app to introducing software programming, computer graphics, and logical thinking. It gives you information to how to use the app, but once you get started. It freezes when you try to get to your new project, the buttons glitch and when you pushed them they don't do anything. What is probably the worst part of it is if you what to text or go on another app, when you go back to logo draw it crashes. I used the K Turtle program and I liked the concept but this app doesn't cooperate.
Keeps it simple
I used this program to teach grade-school children the basics of programing. The simplicity is a plus for this purpose. If the repeat command worked over a series of instructions, I would give it five stars--as a teaching tool, which is what it appears to be designed for.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 21, 2011
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Zonie, LLC
- © The Zonie, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$0.99