Bible! by Logos- Study and grow with free bibles, reading plans, and Christian books.
By Faithlife Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your Bible study to the next level with the Logos Bible app.
DRAW INSIGHTS FROM BIBLICAL TEXTS
The Logos Bible app is loaded with over 70 Bible translations and helpful resources—plus access smart tools that let you explore important ideas and make connections across the text.
SYNC NOTES ACROSS ALL DEVICES
The Logos Bible app seamlessly syncs across your devices, you can take your notes and highlights with you anywhere. You can also pick up right where you left off in a resource on any of your devices.
CONNECT WITH THE WORLD’S LEADING BIBLE SOFTWARE
Made by the developers of Logos Bible Software, the Logos Bible app lets you take your Logos library with you wherever you go, making it more accessible than ever.
Get the Logos Bible app today and experience fuller, richer Bible study.
When you create a free account, you’ll get access to even more useful content.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
* Popular Bibles: KJV, NKJV, NLT, ESV, HCSB, NASB, NCV, GW, and many more
* Summarized Bible: Complete Summary of the New Testament
* Summarized Bible: Complete Summary of the Old Testament
* Morning and Evening by Charles H. Spurgeon
* Systematic Theology by Augustus Hopkins Strong
* 60+ more!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
* Learn about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* Get a verse-specific report including commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
* Compare any verse to up to five translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference, and view resources side-by-side with your preferred Bible translation.
* Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book, and share verse-by-verse thoughts and comments with your Faithlife Groups.
* Mark the text however you want with fully customizable colors and text options.
* Share Bible verses through Faithlife, Facebook, Twitter, and email.
* Listen to the spoken Word as you do other tasks with audio read-along.
USE THE LOGOS BIBLE APP IN CHURCH
The Logos Bible app is perfect for church. Follow along with the sermon, take notes on the passage, and connect to your church’s Proclaim presentation in order to receive Signals sent straight to you. Using the Logos Bible App in church will ensure that you never miss a beat.
What's New in Version 5.2.3
- In-App purchase validation
- Newly Published resources now work offline
Great app, almost perfect
I am a very big fan of this App. I can echo the wonderful comments of other reviewers. I just have a couple of pain points, that if addressed, could make this app perfect. The main one is that I do not like that there is no ability to organize my notes (other than being able to re-order them). The app has great markup tools, but I cannot create outlines or hierarchies, which would be imminently helpful to me. Second, the touch interface is somewhat imprecise and a little frustrating to use at times. I do not think that is an iOS problem because other apps don't seem to suffer the same problem. Third, it would be great to have a feature that enables me to identify my favorite translations or other resources. Other than those relatively minor points, I have nothing but praise for this app. And I'm grateful for the tremendous benefit to my spiritual growth it has been.
The short version is that overall the app is good.
The longer version is that the app is not optimized in the sense that there are still opportunities to usefully improve the app that have been left alone, forgotten about, or perhaps just not thought of...possibly, but doubtfully, ignored.
One of these opportunities is natural language search or perhaps conceptual search as an alternative. There are subjects that I know Logos has in my library, but if I don't phrase something just right, or in proper theological nomenclature, it doesn't have any clue what I'm trying to say, even though there are a dozen books addressing the subject or same concept, some of them wholly devoted to the subject, in slightly different phrasing. That's one example, but there are other opportunities as well.
To me, a 5 star app (for an existing product, here a desktop product) is one that is stable, is reasonably close in form and functionality to its counterpart product (harmonized), reasonably well-designed with UX and usability principles in tact, does everything it claims to do, and does it well, is coded efficiently, and tosses in that little bit of magic here and there that makes you feel like you got more than you bargained for...the "oh, that's cool...so useful" type of things. This app does all but one of those things very well.
Something is missing
The makers spent much time making the pc version superb, yet they gave little thought to how the apple app is produced. It lacks the ability to scroll through chapters quickly. The click function for inputting another passage has difficulty engaging. Why not allow scrolling rather than page turning for Bibles. There are no "favorites" selection so that I can easily click a resource to read, i.e., changing from NRSV to BDAG takes time because I have to enter the title and then scroll. Although, when offline I have easy access to those resources I have downloaded (which happen to be my most used or "favorite" resources on Logos). Why not create a function that allows me to access commonly used resources. How come Oxford dictionary cannot be accessed on the iPad app? Does this have to do with copyright issues?
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 31, 2016
- Version: 5.2.3
- Size: 120 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Faithlife Corporation
- © 2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- ESV Hear the Word Audio BibleFree
- Faithlife Study BibleFree
- New International Version (NIV)$9.99
- English Standard Version (ESV)$9.99
- New American Standard Bible, 1995 Update (NASB)$9.99
- New King James Version Bible (NKJV)$40.99
- The Message$9.99
- The New Living Translation (NLT)$9.99
- New Revised Standard Version Bible (NRSV)$9.99
- King James Version (KJV)$9.99