By Logos Bible Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your Bible study to the next level with this free app from Logos Bible Software. You’ll get over 70 Bibles and books, plus access to reading plans, notes, highlighting, and additional study tools with a Logos account—completely free. Search key words, share verses, and bookmark your favorite passages. The app syncs across all your platforms, so you can access everything on any device.
* Popular Bibles: KJV, NKJV, NLT, ESV, HCSB, NASB, NCV, GW, and many more
* Summarized Bible: Complete Summary of the New Testament
* Summarized Bible: Complete Summary of the Old Testament
* Morning and Evening by Charles H. Spurgeon
* Systematic Theology by Augustus Hopkins Strong
* 60+ more!
* BIBLE WORD STUDY: Learn about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* PASSAGE GUIDE: Get a verse-specific report including commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
* TEXT COMPARISON: Compare any verse to up to five translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
* NOTES: Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
* HIGHLIGHTING: Mark the text however you want with fully customizable colors and text options.
* COMMUNITY NOTES: Share verse-by-verse thoughts and comments with your Faithlife groups.
* SPLIT SCREEN: Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
* SEARCH: Find every mention of a word or phrase in your entire library.
* SOCIAL SHARE: Share Bible verses through Faithlife, Facebook, Twitter, and email.
* AUDIO READ-ALONG: Listen to the spoken Word as you do other tasks.
USE THE LOGOS APP IN CHURCH
The Logos app is perfect for church. Study with your favorite translation, highlight important verses, and take notes during the sermon. You can also connect to your church’s Proclaim presentation and receive Signals sent straight to your device.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
- Sort by Author in the Library shows a sorted Author list that can be filtered
- When setting a preferred Bible, if the Bible is unowned and can be purchased, an option to purchase is given
- General improved responsiveness of the app
- Launch screens are in English, Spanish, German, or French, depending on your device’s settings
- Bible Word Study entries can be changed/cancelled without having to choose a word
- Fixed Topic Guide suggestions view that wouldn’t go away (on iPhone)
- Note body field gets the keyboard focus after tapping a Note icon
- Search reference ranges can be edited immediately after being created
- Edit / Done buttons are no longer active in the Favorites panel when there are no Favorites
- Fixed a highlight-as-you-drag issue where the selected rectangle would appear invisible (white in Normal mode, black in Low Light mode)
- Fixed some iOS8-related layout issues and crashes
I no longer need my laptop on the go!
Its getting better
The app is getting better. There are still strange bugs, but it is becoming more usable. I like being able to give resources a star rating and then sort the resources in the library page by this rating. This finally makes it possible to organize large numbers of books in the order you want. But this still has some bugs in it. For example, you cannot put the star rating in from the app, but have to use your PC to do that. And then certain resources fail to propagate the star rating to the app, such as the 'Greek for the Rest of Us' - it can be rated on the PC, but the star rating never shows up on the App, so I can't organize it like the other resources. Also it only allows up to five stars. It would nice to be able to have up to ten stars so that you could have a bit more control over the order of books it shows. Even with this feature however, the library page is kind of weak, but even this small improvement revolutionizes how efficiently I can get to a book. Another hard to use feature is its devotionals. It cannot remember where you are in the devotional. If you keep the app open, it does remember, but if you close the app, it will jump from your location to the devotion for today's date. I cannot find a way to over-ride that. There are two ways to open a devotional, one is through the home page and the other is through the library page. I would have expected to see the home page entry jump you to today's date, and the library page place you where you left off - so that you have a choice in how you open your devotional. Finally, it has a nagware popup that occasionally asks you if you love the app, and wants you to write a review - which I was finally nagged into doing (here). I hope it will stop asking me to do this now.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 07, 2014
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 46.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Logos Bible Software, Inc.
- © 2014 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- New International Version (NIV)$9.99
- New American Standard Bible, 1995 Update (NASB)$9.99
- English Standard Version (ESV)$9.99
- The Message$9.99
- New King James Version Bible (NKJV)$9.99
- New Revised Standard Version Bible (NRSV)$9.99
- The New Living Translation (NLT)$9.99
- King James Version (KJV)$9.99
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)$9.99
- Reina Valera Revisada (1960) (RVR)$17.99