By Logos Bible Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your Bible study to the next level with this free app from Logos Bible Software. You’ll get over 70 Bibles and books, plus access to reading plans, notes, highlighting, and additional study tools with a Logos account—completely free. Search key words, share verses, and bookmark your favorite passages. The app syncs across all your platforms, so you can access everything on any device.
* Popular Bibles: KJV, NKJV, NLT, ESV, HCSB, NASB, NCV, GW, and many more
* Summarized Bible: Complete Summary of the New Testament
* Summarized Bible: Complete Summary of the Old Testament
* Morning and Evening by Charles H. Spurgeon
* Systematic Theology by Augustus Hopkins Strong
* 60+ more!
* BIBLE WORD STUDY: Learn about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* PASSAGE GUIDE: Get a verse-specific report including commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
* TEXT COMPARISON: Compare any verse to up to five translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
* NOTES: Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
* HIGHLIGHTING: Mark the text however you want with fully customizable colors and text options.
* COMMUNITY NOTES: Share verse-by-verse thoughts and comments with your Faithlife groups.
* SPLIT SCREEN: Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
* SEARCH: Find every mention of a word or phrase in your entire library.
* SOCIAL SHARE: Share Bible verses through Faithlife, Facebook, Twitter, and email.
* AUDIO READ-ALONG: Listen to the spoken Word as you do other tasks.
USE THE LOGOS APP IN CHURCH
The Logos app is perfect for church. Study with your favorite translation, highlight important verses, and take notes during the sermon. You can also connect to your church’s Proclaim presentation and receive Signals sent straight to your device.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Message Center in the Help tab
- Fixed issue of not being able to download a resource that was just purchased (if that resource is part of the freely available resources for the app)
- Fixed Syriac and Hebrew display in Word Lookup in iOS 7.x
- Fixed crash in iOS5 when viewing a Syriac lexicon
- Fixed Facebook sharing
- Fixed Faithlife sharing
- Numerous speed and memory improvements
Logos for iPad
I do not own any Logos software on a Desktop yet, it is a dream of mine to one day own Logos Portfolio. I first heard about Logos in the Introduction to the HCSB Study Bible (Excellent translation by the way) I saw the Logos App in an ad, and I immediately downloaded it. As soon as I opened the app I was very excited. It comes with a comprehensive online library, with everything from Greek New Testaments, (Including the Westcott-Hort, Novum Testamentum Græce, and Stephansus' Textus Receptus) to Systematic Theologies, to Christian Classics, and most importantly, many Bible translations. (Including the NKJV, KJV, HCSB, Young's Literal Translation, e.t.c.) overall, a very sleek design, with initiative controls. Only problem I have is that the books are not downloadable unless you buy them on a desktop, and therefore to read them you must have internet access. Other than that, solid app, one day I will get the desktop version. (If I can ever afford it.) but for now, this should satisfy my hunger for Logos awesomeness. Get this app, you will not be disappointed.
Useful update, but not practical
I love Logos Bible Software, but I've always had issues with the app, which I still use every day because it has my daily reading schedules on it. But I've considered going back to youversion multiple times.
In the past, the highlighting was slow and, if I was to use my inductive highlighting, it would take me at time 10-15 minutes just to read a short chapter, because I had to wait for the highlighting to apply before I could continue (this only applied when connected to the internet, so I would often go offline to read my Bible and then go back online).
With the new update, I can't highlight anything at all because it constantly highlights the wrong things and is difficult to get rid of. Currently, several paragraphs are highlighted that I didn't select, and if can de-highlight them because it doesn't register them as being highlighted.
Anyways, I love the way the highlighting SHOULD work on this update, but it doesn't work that way for me.
Best Bible study software available.
I have been using Logos Bible Software since 2005, and I have found it to be one of the greatest resources available for studying and teaching the Bible. The Logos iPhone/iPad app brings everything to a new level. When paired with a Logos bundle, this app provides resources on the go that would require the back of a pickup to haul in their print editions. The UI is great and the seamless syncing between the software and the app makes the combination essential in my daily work. Download the app and invest in the software, you will not regret it.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 26, 2014
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 45.4 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Logos Bible Software, Inc.
- © 2013 Logos Bible Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.