Read the Bible and make use of commentaries and reading plans. You can save any book or Bible you own for offline use. Get free resources when you download the app and sign in, and do better Bible study with exclusive Logos Bible study tools.
Read your favorite Bible translations: we have a variety of options including the NIV, ESV, NASB, NKJV, and many more.
• TABBED BROWSING - Open as many resources or Bibles as you want side by side.
• REFERENCE SCANNER - Take a picture of a church bulletin or handout using Reference Scanner and the app will open your preferred Bible version to all the verse references.
• LIBRARY - Downloading this app gives you access to up to 95 free resources to kick off your Bible study.
• NOTES - Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any Bible verse or book.
• HIGHLIGHTING - Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options and return to them at any time.
• BIBLE WORD STUDY - Learn more about any word in the Bible by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
• PASSAGE GUIDE - Get a detailed, verse-specific report including Bible commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
• TEXT COMPARISON - Compare any verse across multiple translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
• SPLIT SCREEN - Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
• SEARCH - Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
• SOCIAL SHARING - Share Bible verse images with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Email.
• READING PLANS - Get into daily reading with several Bible reading plans to choose from.
• AUDIO BOOKS - Listen to the Bible wherever you are.
Find training for the app at https://www.logos.com/training/ios.
This app contains an optional subscription called the Bible Study Bundle.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed a potential deadlock issue
Ratings and Reviews
Whoa what a fantastic update
I am blown away buy the most recent update. You can tell that the dev team over at faithlife have been very, very hard at work. Way to go guys! I really think that they have unleashed a lot of power to he mobile platform with the concept of tabs. They are bridging the gap from desktop to mobile. My only recommendation would be to fine tune and tweak this current iteration to make every thing from the Bible scrolling to the menu opening up and everything else buttery smooth.
Also, side note: I would really like the ability to make it so the menu did not come up any time I scroll up in my reading. Like if the menu was hidden while scrolling up and down, and then appeared if I simply tapped on the screen. The way it is right now feels a little clumsy because I’ll scroll up and the menu will come down and cover up the text that I was trying to see.
Update: the new navigation pop up when scrolling up is much improved, but I guess I’m still left wondering why it can’t just be activated when the screen is tapped. Maybe I’m missing something? I still feel like it’s a bit intrusive because sometimes I want to scroll up a ways, but I do not need to access the nav menu, so it just gets in the way. I would at least like the option to tap for nav bar. All that to say, I appreciate the update on the scrolling up because it is a lot better than it was, so thanks!
Hi there, just wanted to let you know that the scrolling behavior has been changed on iOS. If you keep your finger on the screen while you scroll up, the menu will not show. If you swipe and let go, it will show. Hope that helps!
The Logos Bible! Getting better but can always improve.
The dev team is awesome. They are really working hard to making this app a great study and resource tool. The app is getting a lot more user friendly and easier to study. It is not the desktop app but it is getting there. I use the app more than I use the desktop app. The one thing I would love for the dev team to work on would be the note taking functionality. The app makes you leave your reading and takes you off to a different screen. Would it be possible to have notes in a tab? Also it would be nice to know when you created a note so you can reference back when you created it for reference. It would be nice to have the note with the date on the side of the note. Other than that this app surpasses every other bible App in the App Store when it comes to bible study and accessing a huge library of resources. Nothing else has the tremendous amount of resources as Logos does. You have to try it to believe it. The Logos team just keep out doing themselves. The app keeps getting better with every release. Do not hesitate to get this app.
I'm glad you like the app! You may be pleasantly surprised at some changes to notes coming this year :)
Lots of Tabs - Poor Instructions on Usage
I have used Logos "Diamond" level desktop version 7 for the past eight years and have no complaints about its resources or functionality.
However, I cannot say the same for this “new” iPad tab version app and its functionality. Compared to the previous version, which I have used during the last two years, Faithlife has failed to forewarn users of such sudden changes in its software, nor has it provided adequate information or instruction for previous version users to migrate to this new design. How unfortunate and yes, I did review those “Speedy Gonzales videos. What a waste of programming time with absolutely no real instructional substance. I was blindsided from one day to the next when I opened the app and found you I am now ignorant on how to get from one aspect of the program to another.
You got it! I am not happy with Faithlife’s sudden approach in forcing current users to learn a new way of navigating its app software, without adequate warning. At the very least, Faithlife could have given current users the option of remaining with the old navigation menus that are engrained in one’s mind and then allow users to switch once better “tab” menu instructions are available.
David Zachary, MTS
Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the new app. Unfortunately, we can't really announce new versions of the app before we ship them. However, I'd love to hear how we could have done a better job with our instructional videos.
What kinds of videos/content would you like to see in the future?
- Faithlife Corporation
- 215.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- ESV Hear the Word Audio Bible Free
- Faithlife Study Bible Free
- Bible Study Bundle $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.