Read the Bible and make use of commentaries and reading plans. You can save any book or Bible you own for offline use. Get free resources when you download the app and sign in, and do better Bible study with exclusive Logos Bible study tools.
Read your favorite Bible translations: we have a variety of options including the NIV, ESV, NASB, NKJV, and many more.
• SAVED LAYOUTS (Logos 8 only) - Save your favorite study layouts so you can return to them later with a few taps.
• TABBED BROWSING - Open as many resources or Bibles as you want side by side.
• REFERENCE SCANNER - Take a picture of a church bulletin or handout using Reference Scanner and the app will open your preferred Bible version to all the verse references.
• LIBRARY - Downloading this app gives you access to up to 95 free resources to kick off your Bible study. In addition, all your Logos books will sync to your device so you can read them on the go.
• NOTES - Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any Bible verse or book. The Notes feature has been updated for Logos 8 customers.
• HIGHLIGHTING - Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options and return to them at any time.
• BIBLE WORD STUDY - Learn more about any word in the Bible by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
• PASSAGE GUIDE - Get a detailed, verse-specific report including Bible commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
• TEXT COMPARISON - Compare any verse across multiple translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
• SPLIT SCREEN - Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
• SEARCH - Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
• SOCIAL SHARING - Share Bible verse images with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Email.
• READING PLANS - Get into daily reading with several Bible reading plans to choose from.
• AUDIO BOOKS - Listen to the Bible wherever you are.
Find training for the app at https://www.logos.com/training/ios.
This app contains optional subscriptions called the Bible Study Bundle and Faithlife Connect Mobile.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed possible crash in recent search items
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of Tabs - Poor Instructions on Usage
I have used Logos "Diamond" level desktop version 7 for the past eight years and have no complaints about its resources or functionality.
However, I cannot say the same for this “new” iPad tab version app and its functionality. Compared to the previous version, which I have used during the last two years, Faithlife has failed to forewarn users of such sudden changes in its software, nor has it provided adequate information or instruction for previous version users to migrate to this new design. How unfortunate and yes, I did review those “Speedy Gonzales videos. What a waste of programming time with absolutely no real instructional substance. I was blindsided from one day to the next when I opened the app and found you I am now ignorant on how to get from one aspect of the program to another.
You got it! I am not happy with Faithlife’s sudden approach in forcing current users to learn a new way of navigating its app software, without adequate warning. At the very least, Faithlife could have given current users the option of remaining with the old navigation menus that are engrained in one’s mind and then allow users to switch once better “tab” menu instructions are available.
David Zachary, MTS
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the new app. Unfortunately, we can't really announce new versions of the app before we ship them. However, I'd love to hear how we could have done a better job with our instructional videos.
What kinds of videos/content would you like to see in the future?
The Logos Bible! Getting better but can always improve.
The dev team is awesome. They are really working hard to making this app a great study and resource tool. The app is getting a lot more user friendly and easier to study. It is not the desktop app but it is getting there. I use the app more than I use the desktop app. The one thing I would love for the dev team to work on would be the note taking functionality. The app makes you leave your reading and takes you off to a different screen. Would it be possible to have notes in a tab? Also it would be nice to know when you created a note so you can reference back when you created it for reference. It would be nice to have the note with the date on the side of the note. Other than that this app surpasses every other bible App in the App Store when it comes to bible study and accessing a huge library of resources. Nothing else has the tremendous amount of resources as Logos does. You have to try it to believe it. The Logos team just keep out doing themselves. The app keeps getting better with every release. Do not hesitate to get this app.
Developer Response ,
I'm glad you like the app! You may be pleasantly surprised at some changes to notes coming this year :)
Taking Notes and View Scripture is STILL a Pain
The new version is an improvement, but my issues still remain unaddressed. Please let us open AND CREATE by default our notes and community notes as a secondary document.
I really enjoy using Logos on my computer. I use the iOS application to keep track of my prayer list, do my daily scripture/devotional reading, and review bible study notes before bible study. One major things keeps me from giving this application five stars. It is essentially impossible using my old iPad (4th generation) or even my new iPad Pro 10.5” to simultaneously take notes and review scripture. This is a HUGE drawback. If you try to review surrounding scripture, it closes (and saves) your note. If you are doing a public note, you CANNOT edit the note after it saves. iOS now allows me to use the ESV bible app with the Logos app so I now can (finally) not have several bibles out during worship services (I look like I am working on a term paper each Sunday morning). Logos should allow me to take public notes while using their application by default. I cannot imagine a circumstance using an iPad where you want the note to freeze your reading materials.
- Faithlife Corporation
- 164.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- ESV Hear the Word Audio Bible Free
- Faithlife Study Bible Free
- Bible Study Bundle $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.