By Marvin Lee
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Create one-of-a-kind effects for your images. Redevelop if you aren't satisfy with the result. After that, share them! Simple & amazing.
Authenticity & Surprises
- Lomora captures the most realistic film-like photos. Consequently, it exhibits the same behavior as those retro cameras. Instilling some quirkiness to the results, often producing unexpectedly outperformed images. If you love surprises, you’d love Lomora.
- Most filter apps rasterized the picture after you applied any effect. Don’t you ever wish there are some quick ways to change the effect even after the picture is saved? Well you can. With a tap, Lomora allows you to redevelop your photos with a different effect. You can do it unlimitedly. After each redevelopment, the new photo is automatically saved and exported to the camera roll.
- Social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Flickr are unified into a simple box. Sharing a photo is as simple as marking the networks of your choice and tap the “Share” button. The photo is uploaded in background so you can continue taking great pictures. You can also add location to the post.
- Every picture taken with Lomora is geotagged. You can see the name of the place when you view your photos within the app. If photos imported contain geotag information, the location will also be imported. This comes in real handy when you try to recall the place of a certain photos but couldn’t.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
*This update is not compatible with iPhone 3G or older models, iPod 3G or older models.
- Added new option for sharing to Instagram
- Reverted all filters to their original algorithm
- Reverted all films to their original version
- Fixed incorrect vignette value
- Simpler and cleaner user interface
- Ability to import your own photos (Location will also be imported if it's available)
- Switch between cameras (If front camera is available)
- Significantly improved shutter speed
- Live films preview
- Refined double exposure
- Redevelop your photos unlimitedly
- Share to Facebook, Twitter & Flickr with location
- One tap sharing
- Multiple exports or deletes
- Gesture for vignette control
- Display for selected film
- 4 new films
- 2 new filters
Finally the Right Combo
Finally. It's so good to be able to have my pictures with the same films and vignette I used to enjoy when I first bought the app two years ago. So, I say thank you to the developers for bringing that back. This app is capable of taking strikingly beautiful pictures. Lomora has always been one of my favorite camera apps. The ability to change films after taking a picture is a great added bonus. Lastly, I love the ability to take multi-exposures. There are not many apps in the App Store that have that feature, and Lomora does it the best and easiest, from what I've seen. Keep up the good work!
Update ruined what lomora was
Before this update Lomora was a beautiful lo-fi app with colorful wham-bam filters that produced a range of moody photos. Now it's just another run of the mill app full of washed out hipster filters that look the same.
- clean user interface
- ability to import photos from camera roll
- about four good "vintage" faux film filters
- ability to "re-develop" a photo after processing
- fixed shutter lag
- separate exposure and focus tap controls
- filters have been changed. I know the developer has posted shots saying that they have been reverted back to the original filters and that there is no difference, I still am seeing differences, especially in vignetting. The filters in this latest update are bland and not as punchy. I am unable to get the vignette slider to work at all on my iPhone 5.
Sum: an ok app, but nothing that would warrant screen space when there are cheaper and better apps out there. I've reverted back to the previous version of lomora 2 and will fervently wish the dev reincorporates some of its features.
Love the variety of filters this app offers-I'm still experimenting and find myself very happy with the results - easy to get hooked!