This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
An interactive journey of exploration through the old streets of London.
London Streets provides an immersive and engaging exploration of the origins of London's streets. The app uses a variety of interaction techniques – from tap/touch to view full-screen images, to pinch-zoom in/out to see more detail, to sideways swipes to reveal more images and the use of a lens able to "see through time".
London Streets includes:
– nearly 70 historic streets in the City of London and surrounding areas
– over 100 historic and contemporary images
– 5 historic maps (from Roman times and the 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th centuries)
– an "easter egg" of a panoramic view of London from 1616 (hint: tap the 'London Streets' sign on the home screen)
– 3 "rediscovered" Victorian-style inventions (an early CCTV system, a rare example of a nearly-working Scroll-O-Scope, and a curious invention that automates interactive images of old London)
Optimised for more recent devices – and at its best on iPads.
London Streets was developed at the Centre for Creative Computing, Bath Spa University, UK as part of continuing research into user interaction and the past of place.
What's New in Version 1.2
Based on your feedback (keep it coming!) we've made some optimisations to the old maps and also optimised images throughout the app to reduce its footprint. And keep your eyes open for our new free sister app, London Explorer.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 22, 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 151 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: VoeTek Ltd
- © 2014-2016 VoeTek / Bath Spa University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.