Fast Talk by Lonely Planet - Phrasebook with Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Latin American Spanish
By Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Language barrier keeping you from traveling? Get chatting with Fast Talk, Lonely Planet's quick guide to confident
Fast Talk by Lonely Planet provides hundreds of easy-to-access phrases from the world’s top languages. With content that’s been hand-picked by our expert authors and a beautifully simple user interface, finding the right thing to say has never been easier. With the ability to save phrases for easy access later and hear pronunciations by native speakers, all while offline, Fast Talk is the perfect utility for on-the-go language learning.
- Five languages to choose from:
** Latin American Spanish
** European Spanish
** OR make an "All Languages" purchase and save 66%!*
- Gorgeous interface
- Hear phrases spoken by professional, native speakers
- See words animated in real-time along with audio
- Mark phrases as favorites for fast lookup later
- Works great offline
- Localizations of the content into French, German, Italian, and Spanish, so that French-speakers can learn Italian, German-speakers can learn French, etc.
* Savings of 66% is an approximation based on pricing of in-app purchases in USD. Savings varies slightly by region.
What's New in Version 1.3.7
- fixes bugs for running on iOS 8
- optimized for new iPhone 6 and 6+ screen sizes
- added support for French, German, Italian, and Spanish localizations.
Not worth it
I just returned from 2 weeks in Europe. Had purchased this app several months ago for language assistance. It was completely useless. The standard phrases determined by the app to be most useful did nothing for me. Especially by the time I found them. It is not like a dictionary so in addition to this app, you will need one. For instance; I wanted to buy Ice at a grocery in France but that word doesn't exist in this. Luckily, I had also downloaded the google translate free app - it does the same thing as far as say the word(s) for you to get the sound. But it was much easier to use in a pinch. It also had the camera feature as well as writing a word for searching. Much more useful! Don't waste your money on this one.
This app is not helpful. Requires In-app purchases, which are already annoying, but that it doesn't even tell you about until you're already offline is what makes it a failure.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 1.3.7
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
- © 2015 Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All 5 Languages$4.99
- Latin American Spanish$2.99