Are you looking for holiday inspiration? Lonely Planet Magazine UK is packed with travel ideas, whether you're after a European city break, a weekend on the coast in Britain, a road trip through America or a once-in-a-lifetime safari in Africa.
In every issue, you'll be taken on a journey through our beautiful photography. Atmospheric features will transport you to spectacular landscapes, and you'll meet people on the ground who will reveal more about their culture, their favourite local haunts and the natural wonders that surround them. And it's all backed up by the unbiased, insider recommendations that Lonely Planet is so renowned for.
Experiencing the world - from the road or your armchair - has never been easier…
o Explore - Welcome to the Neighbourhood (a local shows us around a much-loved part of their city), Try Something New (fresh activities to expand your travel horizons) and Road Trip (our top driving routes and their unmissable sights)
o Journal - Photo Challenge (home for our Instagram followers' best photos), In Search of the Perfect (a quest to find the best example of an iconic dish or drink) and Going Further (a top writer shares their epic adventure)
o Great Escape - One big trip mapped out each month for you to add to your wish list, with tips on perfect places to eat, drink and stop over along the way
o Top Picks - Pocket guides to take with you on your short break, curated by our travel experts to get you straight to the heart of a destination
o Stunning images from our award-winning photographers and our readers bring destinations to life
o Engaging, intelligent writing brings new insights into the culture, food, wildlife and landscapes of the world
o Every story ends with all the practical information you'll need to plan your own trip
For information about editions of the magazine in other regions worldwide, see lonelyplanet.com/magazine
Subscriptions and Single Issues
Users can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Nice magazine, app needs work
So far I like the magazine. But the iPad app needs work. I use my iPad almost exclusively in landscape mode. The individual issues seem to support that. But the app itself does not. It's a hassle to switch back and forth. Open the newsstand in landscape mode. Select Lonely Planet Traveler and the app opens only in Portrait mode, so rotate the screen. Now open an issue -- read in portrait or landscape so potentially rotate again :-( Of course this is a real hassle with installed in a case which had a keyboard since in most of those the iPad is in landscape mode.
Also despite the store description, there seems to be only one subscription option I see -- $3.99 per month.
I only see an option for a $3.99 monthly subscription. Is there an option for an annual subscription with the corresponding discount rate? The magazine itself is well organized and had great pictures and articles.
Travel the world
Lonely Planet app is a great way to download the magazine to with you at all times before, during and after traveling. Gives great ideals for traveling and seeing the world. The world is our playground, why not have recess everyday!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 41.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 BBC Worldwide Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription $2.99
- Lonely Planet Magazine $15.99
- 3 of France's best road trips by Lonely planet Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.