Longform: A Smart Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find yourself wasting time on your phone instead of reading? The totally-free Longform app filters out the internet junk and delivers nothing but smart, in-depth articles.
• Follow writers and get notified when they publish anywhere
• Follow magazines and get only their new feature articles
• Read recommendations from your friends
• Every article available offline
• Daily curated picks from the staff of Longform.org
Follow any writer and you’ll get notified they next time they publish an article anywhere on the web—this service is only available from Longform.
Explore a catalog of over 1,000 of the best publishers on the web—everything from major magazines to independent blogs. Each new feature article is delivered to your feed.
Search our archive of over 200,000 articles. Imagine Wikipedia, except authored by the best writers past and present.
Our editors scour the web to find the best new articles, so you don’t have to.
GET RECOMMENDATIONS FROM FRIENDS
Read your friends’ favorite articles and easily share your own.
Every article you see in Longform is automatically available offline and the app updates in the background, so even if you're on a plane, you'll always have plenty of great reading waiting for you.
BOOKMARK TO READ LATER
Save articles you don't want to forget to read, or send them to Pocket, Instapaper or Readability.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
Fixes crash bug that was resetting app after session.
App now retains user settings more persistently as well.
Great all around for reading articles
Excellent content, easy to use, love reading it on my commute
I'm giving up in frustration!
I used to love Longform. I've saved and read thousands of articles. It's an app I open every day. However, over the past year, it's been buggy... really buggy: won't update, turns blank, goes back to articles from Nov of last year and when you refresh, it goes nowhere. I have emailed the company two different times. I've gotten no response. It is so frustrating and alienating. Let me know when you fix it. I'll be back. Also, when I go to the website, I can access the articles they've suggested, but there's no mechanism to access the articles and authors I follow. So frustrating! I'm out.
Works better on safari
I don't understand the benefit of using this over opening my browser and searching with that. Even more annoyingly, there's no option to explore the "crime" section, which is essentially the only reason I use longform, and is available on their regular website.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 10, 2015
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Professor Seagull
- © 2014 Longform
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.