Lookout – Backup, Security and Missing Device
By Lookout, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don’t lose your iPhone or iPad again! Lookout is the best way to protect your precious iOS device from data loss, theft and other threats that put your personal information at risk.
See why more than 60 million users trust Lookout to protect their devices!
Lookout is the ONLY all-in-one security app that:
- Locates your lost device from anywhere, on any internet connected device
- Automatically saves your device's location before it runs out of battery
- Backs up your contacts automatically
- Notifies you if you have an out-of-date or insecure version of iOS
Log in to Lookout.com from any computer, tablet or phone to:
- Locate your lost or missing iOS device on a map
- Sound a loud alarm to find your lost device if you think it’s nearby (even if you left it on silent!)
- Display a custom ‘lost’ message on your device screen, complete with contact details, to get your device back faster!
- Download your contacts to transfer to a new device
- Call your missing device over the web from any browser
For even better protection, you can upgrade to Lookout Premium at anytime within the free app. For $2.99/month or $29.99/year, you get:
- Automatic Photo Backup – access your photos anytime at Lookout.com
- Theft Alerts: Get an email with the location of your device when we notice behavior that could mean it has been stolen
- Manage multiple devices from one account
- Note: Like all subscription in-app purchases, Lookout Premium auto-renews each month or year. To disable auto-renewing, go to App Store -> Click on your Apple ID -> View Apple ID -> Manage Subscriptions and disable "Auto-Renewal".
Note: Continued use of GPS to track your phone can decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.8
We're excited to announce a customized iOS experience for all Orange France customers.
Does exactly what it says it does.
I’ve had this app on my phone for a couple of years at this point, and aside from the occasional update, it doesn’t seem to do much. However, I was pleasantly surprised, after spending the day hiking and taking enough photos and video to drain my battery, that when I got home, I had an email waiting for me, from Lookout. It had acknowledged my battery was nearly depleted, and had emailed the last known gps coordinates of my phone, with the assumption that it might be lost. The google map location showed precisely where I had been on the trail, which would have been a huge help in finding my phone again. While I hadn’t actually lost my phone, this was a nice reminder of why I had downloaded the app in the first place. After spending at least two dormant years on my phone, it did exactly what it was supposed to do when the time came.
I accidentally forgot my password to my phone, so i had to reset my phone. I lost my nee pictures and restored from the last time i backed it up in my computer (dec 2014). I had updates to make and i did on all apps without realizing I got my lost imfo again. Twi days later i see this lost pic, contacts and notes back in my phone thanks to this app its GREAT.
Free premium from t-mobile with JUMP insurance
I get premium for free so I can't really complain, but the app recently hasn't been opening at all. As soon as I click on it it acts like its about to open but just doesn't do it. I have a 64gb iPhone so storage isn't the problem. Please fix this if possible. Over all though I think this app is worth every dime... Especially if you lose your phone or you have in the past
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Lookout, Inc.
- © 2013 Lookout Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Lookout Premium$2.99
- Lookout Premium$29.99