Lookout – Backup, Security and Missing Device
By Lookout, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don’t lose your iPhone or iPad again! Lookout is the best way to protect your precious iOS device from data loss, theft and other threats that put your personal information at risk.
See why more than 60 million users trust Lookout to protect their devices!
Lookout is the ONLY all-in-one security app that:
- Locates your lost device from anywhere, on any internet connected device
- Automatically saves your device's location before it runs out of battery
- Backs up your contacts automatically
- Notifies you if you have an out-of-date or insecure version of iOS
Log in to Lookout.com from any computer, tablet or phone to:
- Locate your lost or missing iOS device on a map
- Sound a loud alarm to find your lost device if you think it’s nearby (even if you left it on silent!)
- Display a custom ‘lost’ message on your device screen, complete with contact details, to get your device back faster!
- Download your contacts to transfer to a new device
- Call your missing device over the web from any browser
For even better protection, you can upgrade to Lookout Premium at anytime within the free app. For $2.99/month or $29.99/year, you get:
- Automatic Photo Backup – access your photos anytime at Lookout.com
- Theft Alerts: Get an email with the location of your device when we notice behavior that could mean it has been stolen
- Manage multiple devices from one account
- Note: Like all subscription in-app purchases, Lookout Premium auto-renews each month or year. To disable auto-renewing, go to App Store -> Click on your Apple ID -> View Apple ID -> Manage Subscriptions and disable "Auto-Renewal".
Note: Continued use of GPS to track your phone can decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.7.2
Bug fixes and performance improvements
I have been using lookout for years when i had my Andriod phone i download many Vpn applications that worked on my home wifi but not on 3g ios is a very hard system to hack which is one of the reasons that i buy apple products but we can not be to safe these days a ages it seems like my internet is a little faster and better now that i am using Lookout.
One more thing
The only thing I could think of that would make this even better is if the app had access to the camera and could take one last picture before turning off. Might help A person recognize which room, restaurant, bar, or where The phone might be.
Have to keep the app open.
It drains battery and it doesn't come with many features unless you pay for them. I suggest using Avira security Avira is free and it's the best security app for iOS and you don't have to keep the app open.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Lookout, Inc.
- © 2013 Lookout Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Lookout Premium$2.99
- Lookout Premium$29.99