By Binary Formations, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Take a look at the demo video at: http://binaryformations.com/looky/videos.html
Silly or serious? Looky is both. Just click the icon in your menu bar and Looky brings up a live view from your Mac's camera. So why would you ever want to do such a thing? Well, here's just a few of the exciting and life-altering uses for Looky:
- For podcasts, online meetings, demos and presentations, Looky provides a quick, easy, and very inexpensive way to switch back and forth between the presenter and what's being presented on the desktop.
- Keep an eye on your kid when he's playing behind you while you're trying to get some work done.
- Use your Mac's camera as a mirror to check your makeup and hair or to make sure you wiped away the remnants of that Bottomless Bowl pasta special you had for lunch.
- Catch your boss trying to sneak up behind you while you are watching funny cat videos online.
- Indulge in a little vanity and use Looky to gawk at your gorgeous face. You know you're flippin' beautiful. No one will blame you.
- Maybe sometimes you just feel too lazy to turn around.
Here are some of the great features you will find in Looky:
- Looky sits in the menu bar at the top of your desktop and doesn't take up space in the dock.
- Looky stays on top of the other windows on your desktop when it's active.
- Four different preset window sizes for taking quick peeks at what's behind you.
- Float mode gives you a borderless window that you can resize and drag anywhere you want on your desktop.
- Stealth mode puts the video in a very small, unobtrusive window that can be tucked away in the corner of your desktop.
- You can change the transparency level of the window in float mode and stealth mode.
- Ego mode shows you a view that takes up your entire desktop.
Exactly what I was looking for.
Works great. Just remember that the app is in the toolbar, and that's the only way to access it. I was confused at first.
One feature request: The ability to flip the image so if you are using it as a security cam you see just what you would if you were looking out the window.
Fun App to Play Around with
It a mirror, Its a job saver, and a great way to add video to your screencast and webinars. Make sure to check out the video on the website. It is hilarious and worth the price of admission. I reviewed this product on the macReviewCast Episode 277 if you would like more info before buying
Only able to use small viewer in floating window mode. Not able to flip the video for survaliance purposes. Half baked.