Loop Editor – Create Audio Loops
By Audiofile Engineering, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
LOOP EDITOR 2
Loop Editor 2 is a is powerful music loop editing tool developed by musicians and engineers for musicians and engineers.
Loop Editor is the perfect replacement for Apple Loops Utility. It supports all audio file formats that support loop points: AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID. Additionally, Loop Editor supports forward, forward-backward, and backward looping. Loop Editor is one of the only applications available which supports sustain and release loops.
Loop Editor 2 allows you to view, add, edit and export Slices. It also supports advanced property editing capabilities such as the "Genre" and "Descriptors" properties for Apple Loops files. For those of you that work with Propellerhead Reason and ReCycle, we have included our ReCycle Converter tool which converts ReCycle REX & RX2 files for use in Loop Editor.
The most important addition to Loop Editor 2 is full support for AppleScript. AppleScript makes Loop Editor even more powerful by allowing you to automate complex workflows and simplify the process of working with large numbers of files.
Loop Editor is optimized for Retina displays with full support for OS X Yosemite.
POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT
• Work with all audio file formats that support Loops
• Exports AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID
• Supports forward, forward-backward and backward looping as well as sustain and release loops
• Easily edit or add all relevant loop metadata
• Automatically add Slices with multiple beat detection methods
• Fine tune Loop boundaries with configurable crossfades
• Comprehensive AppleScript support including AppleScript recording
• Quickly convert ReCycle REX & RX2 files
• Easily diagnose and repair malformed audio files with the First Aid tool
• Beautifully designed user interface stays out of your way, allowing you to focus on what you do best: design audio
• Full support for Retina displays
• Supports Full Screen mode
BUILT EXCLUSIVELY FOR OS X
Loop Editor takes advantage of the latest OS X technologies including:
• Multi-Touch gestures
• Retina displays
• Full Screen
• Full support for Mac OS X Yosemite
DEVELOPED IN MINNEAPOLIS, TESTED IN AUSTIN
What's New in Version 2.1.4
Loop Editor is now fully compatible with El Capitan (10.11). This version also addresses a WAV64 export issue.
Exactly what I needed, and then some
The documentation is sparse, but that’s because the interface is so well designed and intuitive. Why I needed this program, a problem it did solve, was that it was extremely difficult to make use of the large library of Sony Acid format wave loops that I had amassed before I switched from the Windows platform to Mac OS X. Now I can convert them to the format I need and retain all the critical information, like tempo, etc. The one thing I would like to see supported is a file format that Propellerhead introduced about a year ago. When an audio loop is exported from iOS by their Figure or Take applications, an AIFF file with tempo information is created. These files can be imported into Reason and it knows exactly the tempo used to create it, and so can adjust it to whatever is the tempo of the current project. Loop Editor does not use this information and indicates instead that the file has no tempo information. So, I wish Loop Editor could both read the data and add it to AIFF files it creates.
Could use some tidying up
The rex converter puts %20 in place of spaces in directory names, when batch converting. It’s a pain! Other than that I’m pretty satisfied.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 20, 2015
- Version: 2.1.4
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Audiofile Engineering, LLC
- © 2015 Audiofile Engineering, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor